Ratings for Dr. Gary P. Hunter

Dr. Hunter was of no help to me and treated me terribly. I am 20 and found out I have bilateral hip dysplasia shortly after I started culinary school shortly after I turned 19, at this point I had already been dealing with chronic pain for about a year . I told him I experienced a lot of pain due to standing in the kitchens all day and would be devastated if I wouldn't be able to find a job in a real restaurant due to my hip pain. He proceeded to tell me that he didn't think I was in any actual pain and all I really needed to do was lose weight even though I'm a normal weight for someone my height. I had to sit there and practically beg him to put in a request to get me MRI's, which showed that I had extensive muscle tearing in my hips. It has been about a month and a half since I got my MRI's and I have not gotten a call from him to discuss further steps, even after my Primary Care Doctor sent him a message on MyChart asking him to do so. I never even got a call from anyone in his office to give me my results, My husband and I found out on our own a week later through MyChart. My PC Doctor has since referred me to another doctor, but I am absolutely appalled at the way I was treated. Honestly, if possible I would be rating helpfulness and punctuality with 0 stars.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

As a local Sheriff Deputy, working the street, I've had many injuries resulting in 11 on duty related surgeries. Both knees, 2x each. Both shoulders, both elbows and so much more. Every Police Officer I know go to Dr. HUNTER! Wont go to anyone else if possible! W. Olson KCSO Ret.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

Excellent orthopedic doctor. I'm 50 now. I've been seeing Dr. Hunter since I was about 32. I have knock knees and major osteoarthritis in both knees. He scoped my rt knee when I was in my 30s and it helped tremendously. He is an excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

Dr. Hunter has operated on me so many times, that I actually had to put some thought into this. Both knees (meniscus & partial mcl) both achilles tendons (one complete sever, and he did such a good job that I had him go back to fix the other earlier sever) and my shoulder (rotator & impingement). I feel like Humpty Dumpty, and he is All the King's Men... but successful. Wouldn't EVER go to see anyone else.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

Dr. Hunter is excellent. He was very pro-active in finding the problem with my 13 year old son's knee. He actually looked into why my son was still on crutches after 3 months. (The previous Dr. said my son could be on crutches for years). Dr Hunter was not afraid to scope the knee and see what was inside. He listened to me concerning pain medication that did not work on my son. He treated my son and me very well. He has treated 2 members of my family and I will never go to another orthopedic doctor. His staff was friendly and caring. I would highly recommend Dr. Hunter to everyone. He cares about patients in a way that is rarely seen.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2009

Dr. Gary P. Hunter's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Federal Way, WA