Ratings for Dr. James P. Simsarian

I have been his patient for over ten years. He listens, he learns about you, he takes every avenue to help you (even other docs and non-traditional media if it might help). Reassures by informing. Diagnosed me in the ER. Yet, I took two trips to Hopkins to be sure. I returned to him to work on my disabling pain. He is open yet extremely capable and WILL FIGHT FOR YOU ON PAPER where needed and warranted. You could not have a better physician.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Efficient but kind Busy but thorough Knowledgable and experienced. I have Been his patient for over ten years and trust his judgement and frank opinions. He tells it the way it is. I highly recommend Dr. Simsarian.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I've seen Dr.Simsarian twice for M.S. He seems knowledgeable, but acted condescending towards me. He was rushed and did not want to hear my questions. Would not recommend him at this time.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

This is my fathers Neurologist and he is a LIFE SAVER!! He and his staff have helped my dad to recover some memory and motor function after early on set Alzheimer and two strokes! I am very pleased with their services and would RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE!! And have for that matter!!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

With a brief, perfunctory exam he diagnosed RSD in my leg (a rare neurological condition). An experienced neurologist should have readily recognized that I had advanced cellulitis, not RSD. The undiagnosed cellulitis caused the complication of disabling, disfiguring lymphedema which I will have for life.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2009

Did not solve my problem but did rule out other potential problems and gave me good referral sources. Awesome doctor.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2009

I have fibromyalgia (I hate that name) He and I have worked to help me live my life to its fullest. When I talk with him I have his complete attention. I have chronic pain everyday, but most people never hear about it. We are managing it and we are attempting to do better than that. He has referred me to other doctors and we try more ideas. If anyone can help me, I believe he cares enough to help me not have to live in as much pain. He is the only Neurologist I have ever seen who has been helpful. I wish him and his staff all the best! Jo

flag | Submitted August 13, 2008

Dr Simsarian is a great Doctor. Very intelligent and his nurse Carol is wonderful. I found him after going to 6 other neurologists in the area. His clinic is very professional, tho parking is a mess there. His bedside manor is good-- not the warmest doctor in the world- but by far the best I have found so far in NoVA... If you want someone to baby you with your illness he is not the doctor for you- but if your like me- your going to have a hard time finding that

flag | Submitted May 22, 2008

Dr. Simsarian was courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2008

Dr. Simsarian was very nice. I understand he is a great doctor, but I felt rushed in his appointments. He kept flip-flopping his diagnosis, so I really am confused as to what is going on. I have since moved, so I cannot comment on the continued care. I do know, at my last appointment, I felt not as comfortable since he rushed me and was abrupt.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2007

Dr. James P. Simsarian's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1966)