Ratings for Dr. Anna V. Longacre

As a new patient we expect that a doctor spends more time with us at a first appointment. It allows both sides to learn about each other and establish good doctor-patient relationship. I arrived 30 minutes prior to an appointment as I've been asked, and it took only 5 minutes to register which is ok since these extra 30 minutes has been accounted when I was arranging my needs to make this appointment happen, but then I had to wait 40 more minutes for a doctor. Well, I would understand that they can fall behind and except it if Dr. Longacre didn't rush through the appointment. Wouldn't it be fair to give me time now after long wait? Having medical background, graduating from a medical school in Eastern Europe, I've been taught that doctors suppose to spend time with patients and ask them questions, very specific and guiding ones particularly on the first visit. It was my first visit, I've been scheduled for procedure right then, but I even was not examined properly or checked, Doctor didn't take time to learn about my needs as a patient before the procedure. She asked if I have questions instead of asking me questions. This is unprofessional approach. Most likely she will rush through the procedure as well. I cancelled the procedure. I will not recommend Dr. Longacre .

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

All I can say is she preformed my second colonoscopy. The results were good but the recovery was a nightmare for me. Took me 2 months to recover. I had a scan which also came back good. So, either I was very sensitive for this colonoscopy or she was to to aggressive. Either way, I will never have another colonoscopy again.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

After contacting their office 3 times, over 3 days, with a question about a planned procedure. I did not receive any call back. I know that they had received my question as I actually talked with one of the staff members at the office. I decided to cancel the procedure. I do not know of a reason why anyone would want a doctor and a medical team that is so indifferent to the issues of their patients. It is ironic that their written instruction for the procedure states if you experience any difficulties during the preparation period prior to the day of the procedure, contact your doctor. In view of my experience, I would ask; how can I do that when my call is not returned for 3 days.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

She doesn't have the best bedside manner that's for sure. She also really didn't want to hear my history. Also, I agree that the staff isn't the friendliest either. Truth is I think they're just way too busy to give the patients the time and consideration they need. Too many patients scheduled, not enough doctors, it all adds up to a cattle call.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Dr. Longacre was excellent, in our initial appointment she was able to lessen my worry and she appropriately prepared me for both the preparation for the colonoscopy and the colonoscopy itself. The procedure was routine, everyone in her staff was helpful. Dr. Longacre gave me the results of my procedure in recovery and then I was sent my completely analysis in a timely fashion after the procedure. I highly recommend Dr. Longacre!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

This doctor was cold and uncaring. She made me feel like I was interrupting her life. She was in such a hurry that I had to ask the receptionist if I should continue with the medication and if I should come back. Was told to continue the medicine until the ulcer was healed and when I asked how would I know when it was healed the receptionist said when I was out of pain. I asked if or when I should come back for a follow up and the receptionist said if you are hurting come back. I am finding another doctor and would not refer anyone to this lady.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

I've been seeing Dr. Longacre for 5 years now and absolutely love her. I've also had the privilege to recommend her to several friends and family members who have the same positive reviews. When I first saw her as a 20 year old, I was tired of doctors telling me I was too young to be sick and it was just stress. She was the first to actually believe me and even better spend time to help me find the problem and a solution. Not only do I think she is a great doctor-but other doctors in the area often comment how good she is when they find out I am her patient. While the practice is busy, I don't think I want to visit one in the Kennestone area that is not. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012

Terrible experience. I was having bleeding and the Dr. did not even do an exam - just asked a few questions and had me wait 2 months for a colonoscopy. When I called back to get the results I could not get a response from the nurse or the Dr. for over 2 WEEKS! I ended up having cancer and she had told me it was benign from the beginning. Never followed up with me at all after the diagnosis and surgery. I will NEVER go back to this physician. Find another doctor!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

Extremelly poor doctor. Waited over an hour past my first appointment time and over 3 hours past my surgery time. She has not followed up and when I called because I was extremelly naeseated, she sounded annoyed that I had bothered her. Still waiting for biopsy results more than 2 weeks after the surgery. Absolutely no bedside manner or concern for her patients. This office has way to many patients and the staff is extremelly uncaring or helpful. STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

Dr. Anna Longacre made a 6-week hospital stay of mine absolute hell. I have severe, refractory Crohn's disease. She contantly blamed me for things, and accused me of "refusing" treatments- all of which were lies and misunderstandings. When I tried to explain things to Longacre she balatently and completely ignored me. What is worse, she spread her prejudices against me to all of the other GI's who I also saw in the hospital. They literally would enter the room angery at me, and were also verbally abusive, as was Longacre. The only two GI doctors to listen to my side and come to an understanding of the truth were Dr. Levine and Dr. Lyday. To anyone considering seeing Dr. Anna Longacre I would say: STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM HER AS YOU CAN!!! She is a cold, mean, judgmental, calculating person!!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Dr. Anna V. Longacre's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1999)