Ratings for Dr. H. Alan Jones

I have been going to Dr. Jones for approximately 30 years. His quality care of my health issues have been excellent. He is personable and easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Jones for several years and he is a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Very good at explaining what's going on with you and the staff works hard to fit you in when emergency

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

His bedside manor is terrible. He never explains what is wrong with you.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I was patient of his from when he first started as a doctor til I was 24. He was for many years the best doctor you could hope for and all in all if I would not have moved away he would still be my doctor. He did start getting a big head and was not there alot. His new wife ran the nurses and was not that nice.Still have to say he was the best doctor I ever had.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

Dr Jones is a very experienced. He takes walk-ins which a lot of doctors don't today. He really cares about the health of his patients. He is honest. (Seeing some earlier comments: I guess people don't like honesty). He did tell me to quit smoking. Which I do need to do! Dr Jones is a very good listener when you voice your concerns and wants to help you make choices for the best care possible. My case was complicated. He did address my needs well. The time he spent discussing my Heathcare issues was long. Most doctors today shuffle patients through like they are cattle being herded through. This is not the case with Dr. Jones. He lets the patient address their concerns without rushing you out the door! He did also refer me to another provider for genetics and that doctor was very knowledgable and did make a final diagnosis. For the problems I have medically he really does do a great job and strives to promote good health. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

Dr. Jones is perceptive and professional with an excellent bedside manner. I saw him for follow up after a knee surgery. He was very thorough. He suggested I lose weight after knee surgery, because guess what? I was obese!! That is unhealthy, people, get over it! I lost weight, he was terrifically supportive, and always took the time to explain things to me. My wife has also seen him for cracked ribs. He was very thorough with her and took excellent care. I think the fact that he takes walk-ins shows that he cares about patients well-being, whether they 'scheduled' their illness or not. He always answers pages, and I have witnessed him taking care of his patients in desperate times. Excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

I started to go to this doctor based on a referral from another family member. The first couple of times I went to him he made some inappropriate comments/jokes about my husband and I and about his lawyer friends. The lawyer friend comments happend every time I saw him. Poor bedside manner. He assumes many things about my health without asking about my past health conditions which really shows ignorance on his part. He didn't care when I told him about my medical past and didn't write it down. Never requested medical records from my previous doctors. He has one competent nurse, one competent office person and the others seem like he just hired them off of the street with no training. They are rude and act like they just woke up with no interest in being there. I also noticed that he has a lot of elderly patients there and takes more time with them than with younger patients. It felt like he would rather have that clientle instead.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2012

I've seen Dr. Jones for over 15 years. I couldn't ask for a more compassionate, dedicated, concerned doctor. He has seen me through the death of both my parents and various family members. He is now taking care of my F-I-L who suffers from dementia. I would trust this man with my life, and I do. He has always been there when I needed him and his office has never hesitated to get me in when I need to see him. He has never yelled at me for paging him. He is very knowledgeable in my area of disease and stays up to date on new findings and medications. Never heard him be rude to either a patient or staff member and his staff does not turn over greatly.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2012

Dr. H. Alan Jones is a very unprofessional. He insults you if your overweight. He makes you weight over an hour to be seen by him. Dr. Jones has very bad bedside manners. He told me I was "milking the system" with my spine injury even when I have a MRI that proves I really am injured. Then he complaines to me about his ex-wife and her new boyfriend. He really has several times, I don't care!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

Dr. H. Alan Jones's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathy (Grad. 1978)