Ratings for Dr. Linda M. REID

I guess you generally hear about negative things more often because they tend to be more of a push to write reviews but my experience with Dr. Reid has been fantastic over the past year. She has always made me feel at ease and gets back to me quickly if I have questions. I never feel uncomfortable or awkward at appointments discussing issues. I'd say she has made a very positive impact on me.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

This is the worst practice I've ever been to. Twice already they forgot prescriptions I needed for ultra sounds. They do not return phone calls or even answer their phones. They do not send reminders for when you are due for your next appt. it's one big meat market, , no personal attention. I will never go back.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

My visit with Dr. Reid felt quite uncomfortable. Like others who have written on this page, I have never bled so badly from a Pap. Her suggested practices varied quite greatly from information provided by the US Preventative Task Force, the group that makes guidelines for medical practices. I felt that asking questions seemed to offend her. I left the office confused as to why her ideas of what is necessary varied so greatly from information provided by peer reviewed articles, the US Task Force, and other leaders in healthcare and presentation. It seemed as though the extra procedures she deemed necessary were ones Westmed would make a profit on, despite the fact that they were not suggested by other professionals. I do not plan on returning, nor do I plan on returning to another OB-GYN within the Westmed community.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

I saw Dr. Reid after a visit to the Greenwich Hospital ER, where a cat scan showed "a mass" on my right ovary. Having just changed insurance carriers, I was referred to Dr. Reid as a new patient. Without any explanation at all, Dr. Reid's immediate response to my cat scan was "we are going to operate and take it all out." I was stunned, to say the least. No one had ever suggested surgery, or cancer or a tumor. In fact, as I realize now, none of the usual blood markers were there for cancer. I don't think Dr. Reid had even checked before she threw me into a state of panic. She had made a reactive statement with absolutely no concern to my emotional state which turn out to be completely inaccurate. I did not have cancer. No one had to remover "it all". Her follow up was completely terrible. Another test came back and while she left a message about it she did not use the opportunity to ask how I was, how the surgery went. Nothing. It's as if she never bothered to look at my file.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

This doctor was extremely rough, physically when she examined me,in all three areas, breast exam was painful; vaginal exam was uncomfortable, rectal exam was uncomfortable and later on when I got home and went to urinate and when I wiped, there was blood. I am 62 and shouldn't have bled from my vagina. I won't ever allow her to examine me again. I have been going to ob/gyn doctors for many years and have never had anything like this happen before.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

Dr. Linda Reid is uncaring and uninformed. Does not follow through and is difficult to reach. The md's in this practice do not appear to like Women very much, as a matter of fact some of them appear to enjoy causing pain. Sounds weird but true. Do yourself a favor, find another practice.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Dr Reid phoned me after a routine pap smear indicating that I need to see an oncologist immediately. I visited two oncologists who were puzzled by Dr. Reid's response to my results. She threw me into a complete state of alarm; did not explain why she was concerned; and then went on vacation for two weeks only to be unreachable. I do not have cancer and did not require the treatment of an oncologist. This woman is not very bright, but incredibly overemotional and over-reactive. If you would like a normal, mentally fit gyno, please do not visit Dr. Lina Reid.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

Dr. Reid is pleasant and courteous, but my experience with their practice as a whole was less than ideal. They are very concerned with black and white statistics, and not influenced at all by a patient's personal history. They give adequate medical care, but nothing more. I never felt that Dr. Reid and her colleagues cared about my health, but were checking off the boxes as if I were a non-flesh and blood case study.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

Dr. Linda M. REID's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1994)

HealthPartners