Ratings for Dr. Chitharanjan V. Rao

He was rude and would not answer our questions. He said, "I am talking now".three times. I'm surprised he didn't' just tell us to shut up, he was that rude. His assistant swore she had sent my reports to my place of work, but they never received it, so I have my doubts. We called over three times, and finally had to go get it at his office.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

He diagnosed my problem, was extremely patient in answering my questions, and didn't run up unnecessary procedures just to bill my insurance. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I visited Dr. Rao 4-5 times over a period of 8 months & with each visit my impression of him, his staff and overall experience exponentially declined. There was little regard for time (30-45 minutes wait) and professionalism (takes personal calls during appointment). His assistant does not return your calls unless you leave 4-5 voice messages. In addition, I was totally frustrated with medical evaluation and diagnosis. I was asked undergo EMG (already undertaken) because he did not trust the result. Then sent to undergo muscle biopsy ($5000+), and blood tests ($10,000+) -after all this comes one quick note in a 5 minute appointment- you’ve dystrophy. When questioned the impact and severity – comes an answer “It’s tough to tell – u might be ok for 5 -25 yrs” Really!! I had to dig around in the internet to interpret the results and read comments and feedback from patients, understand the research and trials being undertaken in other medical centers.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012