Ratings for Dr. Ralph Cullen Thomas

Dr Thomas and his staff very excellent I made the best decision in using him as my surgeon.I was referred to him by Dr Neuman I had stage 1 colon cancer he removed 18 inches of my colon.One year later I had to have the right side of my thyroid removed pre cancerous.I was treated professionally and like a Queen,I have no problems other than probably a hernia and scar tissue but this is expected when you have any kind of surgery the dr did his job and I just love him and his assistants one named Bonnie and his nurse.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

This guy can't look you in the eye. Strange. I went to another surgeon because i didn't feel he could be trusted

flag | Submitted November 21, 2009

I had bilateral hernia surgery (both sides). It has been just over a year since Dr. Ralph Cullen Thomas Jr. did me. He told me I could expect enough relief so I could return to work in 2 weeks but it was 5 weeks before I went back and I was in pain every day so after another 3 weeks he told me I needed a second surgery to fix what he didn't get right the first time. This second surgery was supposed to give me immediate relief so I could go back to work in just a few days. He forgot to tell me it would cost almost 3 times as much. He also forgot to tell me I would have to go to a second surgeon to address the problems he caused me. I went to two different surgeons to get a second opinion. Good thing I did because the first surgeon was is referal that wanted me to pay for yet a third surgery. In my opinion Dr. Thomas is crafty [being polite here] and should be avoided at all costs. He did me real wrong!!!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2007

I had a laprascopic cholecystectomy (gall bladder) through Dr. Thomas and used him because he had taken out my Mom and sister's gall bladder (laprascopically for my sis). He did a good job and I had a quick recovery. In retrospect I should have taken in a list of my symptoms and questions at both appointments to make sure everything was covered for myself. He seemed rather knowledgable and nice. I would also suggest lots of personal research so you're comfortable with any diagnosis. My surgery wasn't critical to have at this point, and Dr. Thomas gave me all the negatives to having my gall bladder out, which made me second guess having it done at all. In the end, I made a good decision and now feeling a LOT better because I went ahead and had him take out the sick gall bladder.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2007

HIS ESTIMATE FOR SURGERY WAS ALMOST 1/3 LESS THAN WHAT IT ACTUALLY COST ME. I ALSO PRECERTIFIED BUT WAS SHOCKED WHEN HIS BILL WAS SO DIFFERENT FROM THE ESTIMATE. I HAVE HAD OTHER PROBLEMS SINCE THE SURGERY AND HAVE HAD TO SEE OTHER DOCTORS TO CORRECT HIS MISTAKES. I HATE HIM. DON'T USE THIS DOCTOR. I THINK HE NEEDS HIS LICENSE REVOKED!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2006

I HAVE HAD THREE SURGERIES WITH AN A+ ON ALL THREE.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2006

The below comment from his nurse is dubious at best. Her interest in his money making ability is as keen as his is. He might have a few success stories but mine isn't one of them. How desperate is he to have his nurse speak on his behalf? Maybe this web site will help you. http://picog.com I noticed it tells a first hand story of a disappointed patient of Dr. Thomas. If you want to believe Dr. Ralph Cullen Thomas Jr. is a Dr. that "could save your life" good luck. You might live through his surgery but some patients have issues with their quality of life after he gets his hands on you. Certainly I do. I tried to settle with him but his opinion of himself is something I simply don't understand. Be VERY careful if you are thinking about letting him cut your body. He will never do that again to me.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2006

I am an RN that works with Dr. Thomas and I'd be the first to admit that his personality doesn't always shine, that he can come across as demeaning to people, and he can be very difficult to work with, however....all of that personal stuff aside, he is probably one of the most skillful surgeons operating today and with over 9 years of active experience with surgeons across the US, I can testify to that directly. If you are interested in a social hour-go to the comedy club, if you want a surgeon that could save your life, go to Dr. Thomas.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2006

I was disappointed with his attitude especially when I learned he seems detached from his staff. What I mean is he seems only willing to talk to you if you book an appointment. Normally that is fine but when there is trouble right after surgery, well, he should take a call or call you back. In my case I feel he is just too important to help a patient he just did surgery on with a simple 3 minute phone call. In my opinion your money in his pocket is more important than what he did to you during surgery. Save yourself and don't use this surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2006

Surgeon failed to inform me of post operative (possible) complications. Surgeon R. Cullen Thomas Jr. MD failed to diagnose certain life thretening conditions. Dr. Ralph Cullen Thomas Jr. failed to recognize post operative infection for weeks and weeks finally sending me to another doctor that recognized the problem as a surgical infection and treated it with antibiotics. Dr. R. Cullen Thomas Jr. failed to perform the surgery correctly the first time and this caused me to have a second surgery to fix a simple hernia operation. The second surgery cost me 2.5 times as much as the first surgery and left me with 2 new diseases and a possible third life thretening disease. (Pyronies disease, epididimtis and deep vein thrombosis [spelling?] and damage to the vagus nerve.) Need more info? write to me at okraw@hotmail.com and put DRT in the subject line. DRT stands for doctor Thomas and is required to pass my spam filter. Thank you and good luck.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2006

Dr. Ralph Cullen Thomas's Credentials

• Univ Of Ks Sch Of Med, Kansas City Ks 66103 (Grad. 1972)

MSP/BC Med