Ratings for Dr. Helene A. Miller

Starting to feel as though Dr. Miller isn't the right Dr. for me. The wait time is ridiculous - only to find out that other people in the waiting room have the same appointment time as you. From my limited experience I believe Dr, Miller is well educated in the best meds. My complaint is that I often feel as though she is trying to push her offices other services onto me. After our sessions I often feel uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

Consistently late to appointments with no notification

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

Dr miller never showed up to our appointment. I took the day off of work and took my daughter out of school. We waited ten minutes after our appt and the receptionist told us they allow time for paper work. Then after 15 minutes of being late she told us she had an emergency and then 20 minutes later told us we had to reschedule. The receptionist was not honest with us nor helpful. We left and and the doctor or her staff never called to apologize. We were really upset. This is not as if we were going for a flu shot. This is an important appointment. I would never trust her or refer her to anyone. She has shown me that she feels her time is more important than anyone else's.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I just went to Dr. Miller for the first time recently and was not expecting the professional caring experience I had. I had seen these reviews after I made the appointment and was not expecting much. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Dr. Miller was attentive and very kind. I had left a message with the service and received a call back very quickly. With all my other issues, I'm glad this was such a positive experience.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I took my teenager daughter to Dr Miller for almost a year. While she seems to be knowledgeable she did not listen to my daughter. She actually accused her(VERY rudely) of fabricating stories about her life...without asking me if they were actually true....and they were true. During this visit I had to interrupt the Dr. to ask her to please listen to my daughter. This was my last visit to Dr Miller. She repeatedly did not return my phone calls when my daughters depression was getting worse. She continually suggested ways to hospitalize her (making it sound like a punishment)instead of actually listening her. Clearly she is a fan of hospitalization because the only time she returned my phone calls is when my daughter was being hospitalized due to her severe depression.

Submitted May 7, 2014

She did not call me back after I requested a conversation when my husband was in critical condition

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

She was great with my daughter who is really anxious.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Dr. Helene A. Miller's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Welcome to Family Psychiatry of North Jersey We pride ourselves in providing a nurturing, clean and confidential atmosphere for our patients. We treat all ages and stages of development. We have emergency and same-day appointments. Confidentiality and privacy are maintained to the strictest of standards. We have modern electronic medical records and electronic prescribing. We are committed to helping children, adolescents, adults, and families achieve behavioral health solutions in a comforting, confidential, and supportive environment. Our mission is to restore and rebuild lives while leading the way in transformational care so that every individual assisted can achieve what is possible.

• English
  • Spanish

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

• Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Generalized anxiety disorder
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Personality disorders
  • Borderline personality disorder
  • Schizoid personality disorder
  • Narcissistic personality disorder
  • Psychotherapy
  • Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children
  • Adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
  • Anxiety
  • Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)

Arise Health Plan