Ratings for Dr. Rajeev Kumar

Very good - very knowledgeable and doing better now

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Saw him on my initial visit 2 years ago, he diagnosed me, I havent seen him since. I see a nurse instead. Sometimes I wonder why I continue with an invisible doctor.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

The best neurologist I have seen in my 14 years with Parkinson's

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

My initial visit with Dr. Kumar was VERY THOROUGH but after that I have been turned over to another doctor who works under him. I have really had very little contact with him personally since that first visit although I THINK he is in consultation with his assistant.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

There's quite a dichotomy of ratings for Dr. Kumar. He is my 3rd neurologist. I've seen him 5 times so far (6th will be in 4 days). I agree that a busy doctor is not necessarily a good doctor. I think he's busy because he's darn good, and has to be fast to see all the patients who want to be seen by him. He asks questions rapid-fire but he seems to really know his stuff, and he's quickly zeros-in on what he needs to know. I'm getting good results from the meds we've been trying. I'm optimistic that he'll help me find the most helpful meds to take, with the right balance of benefit vs any side-effects. And, he has encouraged me to finally start and continue an exercise program. Though, seeing people on PD sites strongly endorse exercise helped with that. If you don't like to feel rushed, you won't like his style. If you're more of a just-the-facts / let's-just-solve-the-problem type (like me), then his style won't bother you. I can see where that can make Dr Kumar seem arrogant.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2012

Dr. Kumar seems very busy, which doesn't mean he's a good doctor. I was referred to him for a "movement" disorder. He basically said there was nothing wrong with me. I went to a neurotlogist who diagnosed me with an inner ear problem that was causing my balance and dizziness problems. Moral of the story, know your body and do what makes sense as far as a diagnosis. Dr. Kumar not a bad doctor just too busy to care about patients that don't fit his usual model.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2011

This office & Doc are not interested in even trying to cure any disease as they told me “they would be out of a job if they cured PD”. Why would anyone go to this place? Drug dealers only. No help very unimpressed.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2011

Dr. Kumar is a brilliant man and an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

I became a patient of Dr. Kumar's when he first took over the practice. Before he had even moved to Denver, before he had even begun to see patients, he treated me in Swedish Hosp's E/R for Parkinson's symptoms caused by an unrelated illness. He gave my husband his personal cell phone number and told us to see him the next day in his Denver office. So, he saw me and spent over two hours talking with me! I didn't find him to be an overly warm doctor, but I've had PD for 13 years and had seen many Movement Disorder Specialists (MDS's)in various states due to our frequent moves. All of them were very knowledgeable, but after seeing Dr. Kumar, I think he is the most brilliant MDS I have ever seen. He IS demanding in what he expects his patients to know. I often don't know, for example, how much dyskensia I experience each day because I'm too busy living my life to pay attention. But, his expectations that I know myself has led him to create a drug regimen that works perfectly for me! A+

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

Kumar may not have the best bedside manners, but he properly diagnosed me and changed my meds for the better. I thank God for Dr. Kumar and his knowledge. I was misdiagnosed by another Doctor and luckily, after seeing Kumar, I finally understand what is happening to me. He comes highly recommended by PAR (Parkinson's Association of the Rockies).

flag | Submitted April 25, 2009

Dr. Rajeev Kumar's Credentials

• Univ Of Saskatchewan, Coll Of Med, Saskatoon, Sask, Canada (Grad. 1991)

GHI