Ratings for Dr. Phyllis H. Shapiro

I had a mentally scarring experience going here. Linda Bubaris is extremely rough, uncompassionate and dismissive. Dr. Shapiro is from hell and mentally unstable. Avoid!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

The rudest front desk that I have dealt with. Need to learn customer service skills, respect and etiquette when dealing with patients over the phone and in the office. Will never go here again!!!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

I have been Dr. Shapiro's patient for many years and she is fantastic. Staff member Linda Bubaris, however, is terrible. I am changing doctors because of her unprofessionalism.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2013

I went to Dr. Shapiro a year or so ago when I had gotten back from a trip to Eurpoe and she had taken a swab that she thought might be some bacteria and she would call me with the results. Well, when she called me I was in class and couldn't answer. When I called her back she was busy and they said she would call me again. I called two more times before deciding that I must be fine if she isn't answering or calling me back and that I will not return to her office again. It is completely disrespectful not to return the results, good or bad, to a patient. I was completely turned off, so while I was in school I went to the health services there and now that I graduated I found another Dr. to go to!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

I have been going to Dr Shapiro for over 15 years. After reading some of the negative responses, I am quite surprised. While I have experienced long waits (very infrequently) the staff is very friendly and tries to keep one informed of delays. What doctor isn't behind from time to time? Dr Shapiro is very thorough in her examinations and very aggressive in her approach when she sees something she doesn't like. She is always gentile and willing to spend the extra time to answer questions. I have seen Dr Shapiro and her nurse Linda Bubaris over the years and I am completely satisfied with my care at their office.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

I have seen Dr. Shapiro and have had a good experience with her. I have also seen Linda Bubaris,the nurse practitioner who was so kind and was extremely thorough with my exam. She took the time to answer all my questions and I never felt rushed. I would recommend this practice to others

flag | Submitted January 29, 2011

I just had an annual appointment with Dr. Shapiro this morning. This was my third year of seeing her. I have to admit, last year for my annual, she was a bit rough her comments and I did wait a very long time, and after having read the bad reviews of her on this website, I did not know if I should expect a terrible visit or not. I happy to say that she was professional, polite, and knowledgeable. She started the visit by asking me if I had questions for her, and then she took her time to answer all 3 of my questions and offer helpful solutions to me. She did a normal exam for me (not too rough, as others have mentioned), and was generally in good spirits. I do understand the other reviews of her being moody or too rough, as I have experienced that as well. However, I think she deserves the benefit of the doubt, so I wanted to post a positive review for her.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

I have used Dr. Shapiro for the past 17 years and have never experienced any of the problems that some of you have mentioned. While I have had to wait, when it was my turn she spent as much time as I needed. I find her very caring and knowledgeable. I have recommended her and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

i went to see dr. shapiro for the first time in her new office at shelton. i could not believe this doctor. i waited in the waiting room for over 30 minutes, then when i sat with her in her office, it was like she treated me like a moron, she totally talked down to me and then i waited in the exam room for over a half hour again and meanwhile i could her her talking so rudely to anyone and everyone in the office. she barks out orders to everyone and i could hear her talking about other patients, that is how loud she was. arent we supposed to be protected as far as our privacy goes as patients. not according to her! she then walked in and looked annoyed that i had forgotten to take my bra off because she needed to do a breast exam. i started to ask questions about some of my issues and she told me i had to come back rather than talk about these things at the time of my exam. isn't that the point of coming to see your doctor? would not go back or recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2010

Dr. Phyllis H. Shapiro's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Stratford, CT