Dr. John T. Knight

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John T. Knight

Didn't care for his personality and abruptness. He did not have my history or x-rays his office just took for him to look at. He left the exam room 3 times to get the records, then the x-rays, and each time he walked out he went into the adjacent rooms to visit other patients while I sat and waited and could hear his discussions with these other patients...so much for the privacy act! After the in-n-out performance he said "well let's see if it's still hurting in 6 weeks. Come back to see me then". Wait what? Why would I have come for that kind of treatment and get an answer like that? Needless to say I will not be going back to Dr. Knight....he was a joke. Let me also add this, when I walked into the clinic I felt as if I just entered into a 3rd world country medical clinic...it happened to be in an Urgent Care that no one felt important to inform me about when making the appt. So I had to stand in this long line with all the illegal immigrants to sign in....took 20mins just to sign in...and then be treated like an object. No Thank you.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I loved Dr. Knight and his staff! He has such an incredible way of making you feel safe and relaxed for surgery! One of the best of the best!!!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

I've recently just gone with doctor Knight and I have to say, he is one of the best doctors i have ever had. He explained in great detail what was wrong with my knee and he performed my surgery as well. One of the best doctors out there! He and his nurse practitioner Joan, are an amazing team!!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

I have had Dr. Knight for over 10 years caring for my knees. His expertise and bedside manner is excellent! I feel so comfortable dealing with him and his nurse practioner!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Dr. John T. Knight's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Receiving his B.S. degree in Physiology from the University of California, Berkeley, Dr. Knight attended the Creighton University School of Medicine in Omaha, Nebraska. Returning to the Bay Area, he did his internship at Mt. Zion Hospital in San Francisco. After completing his residency at the University of California, San Francisco, he started his practice in Walnut Creek and Danville in 1983. Dr. Knight has consistently been a leader in the local medical community. He is in demand as a speaker on orthopaedic topics for the public and medical community. He has served as Chairman of the Orthopaedic Department of John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek and is currently Vice-Chairman of Orthopedics at San Ramon Regional Medical Center in San Ramon, CA. He is the Past President of Muir Medical Group IPA and is the current President of the Irish American Orthopaedic Society. Dr. Knight has combined his passion for sports with community service. He served as team physician at Foothill High School in Pleasanton, CA for 20 years, team physician at Diablo Valley College for 10 years and has been the team “Doc” at San Ramon Valley High School in Danville, CA since 2001. In addition to working with the athletes, Dr. Knight serves as an advisor to the San Ramon Valley Unified School District Sports Medicine student trainer program, frequently appearing in the classroom for lectures and discussions.

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)
  • LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 1987)

• Femoral Lengthening, a 60 Year Retrospective Western Orthopaedics Association, 1983
  • Bipolar Prosthesis as Salvage Procedure in Failed Total Hip Arthroplasty Leroy C. Abbott Society Meeting, May 1983
  • Use of Percutaneous Tubes and Suction Irrigation in Treatment of Olecranon Bursitis Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, May 1985

UnitedHealthcare