Ratings for Dr. Gilbert R. Ortega

Broken ankle on October 2nd... recovery has been just as Dr. Ortega told me. I am very pleased with my progress.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

It's always a great experience when I come here. The staff is very friendly and Dr. Ortega is the best. Thanks for everything.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Fall necessitated emergency surgery. Plates and screws in left arm. No problems with recovery. Arm is almost back to full function except for piece near elbow not grown into bone. Care and follow-ups have been excellent.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Spent 5 min with me. Charged my insurance for a surgery $1100 & a $350 office visit consult. These are the type of doctors which causes are insurance to go up. Plus he had no knowledge about my problem. But he was pleasant.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Dr. Gilbert R. Ortega

Dr. Gilbert R. Ortega's response
I appreciate the candid feedback and want to extend my apologies if an appointment seemed rushed as that is never my intention. I take pride in making sure all of my patients are thoroughly examined and in the event, I am unable to provide them with the treatment they need, I am more than happy to provide a referral. That being said, if there are questions or concerns with billing I would encourage patients to call our office at (480) 874-2040 or visit out website and send a message through our Contact Us page so that we can help however we can. All the best! 4/26 I appreciate the candid feedback and want to extend my apologies if an appointment seemed rushed as that is never my intention. I take care to thoroughly examine all of my patients and in the event, I am unable to provide them with the treatment they need, I am more than happy to provide a referral. That being said, if there are questions or concerns with billing I would encourage patients to reach out to our office so that we can help however we can. All the best!

Submitted June 30, 2017

I am a pelvic trauma patient who was referred to Dr Gil Ortega when I was admitted to Scottsdale Osborn Hospital following a cycling accident. Dr Ortega performed a rather complex reconstruction of my acetabulum. After sufficient healing from my original trauma, he successfully performed an anterior approach total hip replacement. Dr Ortega told me that his goal was to enable me to walk normally again. I am not only walking normally, but I have returned to cycling and completed a century (100 miles) ride just after three years post total hip replacement. I routinely cycle 100+ miles a week. I believe Dr Ortega strives for the best possible patient outcome. I appreciate his expertise and attention to detail. He treated me with the utmost respect, answered all my questions to my satisfaction, if not always what I wanted to hear, and offered suggestions and support throughout my recovery and rehab at each visit. I highly recommend Dr Gil Ortega.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2014

Dr. Gilbert R. Ortega's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal