Dr. Jae Y. Lim

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jae Y. Lim

Best of the best. Dr, Lim is intelligent, patient, very thorough and spends as much time with me as I need. My surgery went as smooth as it possibly could. His Nurse Practitioner Meghan and his office staff are excellent.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

I can't say enough about Dr. Lim! My husband had a seizure that led to the discovery of a malignant brain tumor. Dr. Lim was able to remove 100% of the tumor and at the same time left the surrounding are of the brain in as perfect condition as possible. We know this as my husband's EEG report showed that not only did he have no seizure activity, he also had no slow brain function, as normally seen after brain surgery. Dr. Lim was always kind to both myself and my husband. He kept us as informed as possible through the whole process, always answered all of my questions in a kind and caring way, and I never felt rushed in my time with him (nor did my husband).

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

I can, in no way, recommend Dr Lim as a surgeon or a physician. In Jan 2012 I went in for an L4/L5 fusion. During my surgery found some tissue "consistent with nerve root" He "..was not able to reduce the PRESUMED nerve roots" so he elected to cover them with duragen..." The quotes are from his operative report. I the space of five lines he used the word PRESUMED once and PERHAPS twice. If a neurosurgeon can't positively determine if the tissue he finds is nerve tissue then he aught not to be a practicing surgeon. He only visited me ONCE, he stood in the doorway and just looked at me; the entire time I was hospitalized I was either in screaming in pain or completely knocked out by opioids. Further, I could not urinate. The extreme pain and inability to urinate are primary symptoms of a condition called Cauda Equina (CE) which results from compressing nerves located below L1. CE Is a true neuro emergency because if the nerves aren't freed no later than 48 hours after surgery the cont'.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

I highly recommend Dr. Jae Lim. He resected 70 percent of my brain tumor in early June 2011, and while I am in no position to evaluate how he compares with other neurosurgeons, I do believe he did an excellent job and removed as much as possible. I feel great and am now prepared for the next stage--radiation and/or chemo.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2011

Dr. Jae Y. Lim's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Unicare