Ratings for Dr. David M. Christensen

My 1st visit with dr. Christensen was great, he assured me that if I quit smoking he would be able to repair my lower spine witch has impinged nerve. He sent me for new imaging which shows more impingement. Went for follow up appt. And was told there's nothing wrong with my spine, made me feel like there was no hope. I started to cry and he told me that I really need to stop taking medication that the pain specialist had prescribed me, he obviously does not know the pain from a pinched nerve. Thank you for not working on me. I found north American spine Institute and am in recovery now after partial discetomy and cauderized the nerve so no more pain, and I will still be able to bend over. Then he tried to bill my insurance for smoking cessation! Oh and be prepared to wait for well over an hour in a very uncomfortable chair. Worst experience ever!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

I never got to see this Doctor. They called me a few days before my scheduled appointment and told me He had to go to a conference and wouldnt be in that week at all. They scheduled me with his PA and the morning of my appt, called me and tried to change that appt. also. I told them just cancel all together and forget it. If thats how they run their office then I dont want him to work on my spine, to scarey!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012

Very impressed - I traveled over 100 miles to have him for a doctor and it was well worth it. Back fusion was successful and the recovery was amazing because of the method used. He is only one of two Drs. in Idaho to use the minimum invasive surgery. It works....

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

At first I was impressed with Dr. Christensen. I had fell off the roof had a compression burst of L1 and fractures on L2+L3. I was put in a body cast sent home for a week with an apppointment in a week, I was a little early so called ahead to see if the Dr, was running on schedule the receptionist said he had emergeny surgy and was running about an hour late,(I can understand this) returning to the office an hour later I waited in the waiting room for an hour and half,(in Very much pain) Asking the nurse for the next appointment in 5 weeks to be one of the first so I wouldn't have to wait so long. I was there at 8:50 A.M. Ushered to the exam room at exactly 9:00 A,M, the way it should be, only to be askied questions that should have been answered the first visit.After sitting in the exam room for an hour I decided Dr. Christensen is to busy to be a good Dr. So I elected to find a new one Ned Dansie Rupert Idaho Ortho Pro is Awsome

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

Be prepared to wait in the office for 40 minutes or more, you will be waiting.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

Dr's staff was very non-customer oriented. Not at all helpful with issues and was often adversarial. Dr did not respond to written request for information asking for clarification of diagnosis.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

I recently suffered a near-fatal fall near Twin Falls. Dr. Christensen was given my case and I must say from the minute I met him to the time I left the hospital I had complete trust in him, and I believe it was deserved: his work was magnificent and his care and attention left nothing to be desired. I'm very impressed, and can only hope my recovery over the long-term will be as good as it was under this surgeon's care...

flag | Submitted September 6, 2010

While he did not tell me what I wanted to hear I felt his judgment was sound. I have had 2 injections and the second one took well but only for 8 weeks and now the pain is coming back. When I called hi office and explained to the nurse that my isurance was to reset in 3 weeks and if I were to have the surgery in that time frame they did all they could to make that happen. The reliableness of the office staff and Dr. C has been poor to this point. I do relize they are busy and have a huge demand being the only spine specialist in town, but i have had 5 prescriptions called in and 3 of them have not been done in any thing close to a timely manor. Dr. C stated he would call a perscription in the same day as the appointment 3 days later I had to call the office and complain. The office staff did this 2 times as well. For someone in a great deal of pain , complaicency and laziness do not sit well. Overall the small things can be fixed and the rest of the service provided was Good not great.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

He wanted to surgery on an 80-yr-old with such diminished lung capacity that putting her on her stomach during surgery would literally stop her breathing. He said that this was no problem; she would be put on a respirator! He left me with the feeling that he was itching to do surgeries regardless of the effects on the patient.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

Is a very caring dr. Had three surgerys in our family from him.Very Nice

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

Dr. David M. Christensen's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)