Ratings for Dr. Richard K. Osenbach

When he was in Fayetteville NC, he did my back surgery. I couldn't walk without a can for two months after surgery! My good leg now numb even 3 years later after the surgery. Still pain. I am worse now than before. Definitely a failed back surgery. They failed to address my numb leg issue. I also found out my mother's neighbor had the same doctor with hers. She is now on disiblity! He screwed her up too.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Seen this man and what a mistake! He is now in Harrisburg PA ! His bedside manner is horrible, he speaks down to the patient instead of working with the patient. He "attempted to repair" an L5 S1 disk herniation in Dec 2014 it is now the end of Feb and my pain is more severe than ever. He claims that some of the symptoms related to my herniation are not possible yet when you research incontinence related to L5 S 1 there is literature to prove that is in fact incorrect. I am in the process of getting a second opinion. This entire practice sucks the PA's walked around like puppy dogs with tails stuck between there legs. They just want to butcher you open and then do nothing to help a persistent life altering problem. You are just a number there. Do not go there if you want good care!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

He sucks..... If u care about your health go to someone else. Dr. Maria Watson is an awesome Neurologist. I found her after having the unfortunate pleasure of meeting this idiot! RUN!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

I had 2 surgeries from an orthopedic doctor that didn't go well to say the least. I went to see 3 other doctors that only told me there was nothing they could do for me. I found Dr.Osenbach at Duke after not giving up and I'm so thankful. After examining me thoroughly he said, I need to explore your nerve to find out why your nerve is so inflamed. I had no other choice but to trust him and so glad I did. He said, my ulnar nerve looked mutilated and repaired as much as he could, and also implanted a nerve stimulator to help with the pain until the nerve calmed down, that was 12 years ago. His bedside manner I had no problem with, he was very kind to me. He was very focused on what was causing the pain and ultimately it was his expertise that mattered and helped me.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

Not good at all. EVerything bad about him. Does not know what he is doing.Don't go to this docter

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

My mom had brain surgery over 10 years ago by Dr, Freedman Duke University. She had a box in-planted by Dr. O some 3 years ago witch he recently took out and she developed a staff infection from it. After 10 days of the surgery she was rushed to Wake Med in Raleigh with fluid and infection in her head she spent well over month there trying to fight this. Half the time she was none responsive. Now she is still fighting this infection that is eating holes in her head. She was at the doctors today and they said she has to go back to the doctor that performed the original surgery that is Dr O She does not want to go back to him and is scared she will not make it through his surgery. Is there anything she can do about this and some other Dr pick up with this mess? Ive never meet the doctor myself so i don't know what to do.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

After my daughter suffered a severe brian injury, this man met us in the emergency room. He told us that he didn't think that she would survive. He said that if she did survive she would never be able to communicate with anyone, or understand what was said to her. He "wouldn't want to live that way." He wanted our consent to organ donation. This was ten hours after she came into the emergency room. He had never moved her to the specialized neuro intensive care unit where she would get the care she needed. We immedately got my daughter an MD, who moved her to the neuro ICU. She had a tough recovery, but if you met my daughter now, you would never know of her problem. She's a normal woman in her 20s.I pity anyone treated by this man.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2010

DR OSENBACH OPERATED ON ME FOR BRACHIAL PLEXIS INJURIES TO MY LEFT ARM AFTER BEING IN A MOTORCYCLE/DEER ACCIDENT. EXTREME PAIN, LIKE I WAS HOLDING HOT COALS. THIS WENT ON FOR 6 MONTHS UNTIL MY MOM DID RESEARCH AND FOUND DR O. WHEN I CAME OUT OF SURGERY I WAS COMPLETELY PAIN-FREE. THAT SURGERY WAS 2 YRS AGO. HIS BEDSIDE MANNER WAS MY LAST CONCERN..HIS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE WAS MORE IMPORTANT TO ME!!!I HAVE REFERRED MANY PEOPLE TO HIM AND HIS STAFF WERE GREAT TO DEAL WITH.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2010

Cheers to Dr. Richard Osenbach and his medical assistant, Emily Davis, for excellent care and treatment during my recent required surgery. I am a survivor of medical malpractice and harbor a great fear relating to any type of surgical procedure. However, these two professionals made sure my care was above standard practice, and my recovery is progressing as expected. Thank you both.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

This guy is by far the rudest Dr. that I have ever had, he has absolutely no compassion or manners. His reply to my comment "I understand that your hands are tied" was "no their not , I can do whatever I want" and his attitude just plain old sucked. Where did Duke Univ. Hospital find this? That was my first and last visit with him.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

Dr. Richard K. Osenbach's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1983)

GHI