Ratings for Dr. Tejaskumar B. Patel

Dr. Patel is the most uncompassionate, horrible man to be a psychiatrist. I had a family member who was seeing Dr. Patel. My family member was dispondent and spent most of the day staring into space. When we went to the appointment my family member showered and put on clean clothes. Dr. Patel commented that people who are truly depressed do not take the time to clean up. After that my family member decided to go as is - dirty clothes and all. I understand that psychiatrists must be stern and firm with the psych patient but Dr. Patel went overboard to the point of not recognizing serious symptoms. My family member was dispondent and suicidal and had I not insisted on finding another physician - not a Conemaugh physician - I know my family member would be dead. My greatest wish is that some day Dr. Patel has someone very close to him suffer from a mental health disorder. Live it Dr. Patel and maybe you'll show some concern and compassion to other people. You are a horrible person.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015