Ratings for Dr. Cissy P. Pottanat

Dr. Pottanat sees patients in several assisted living facilities. She saw my father who was in assisted living. She was scheduled to visit the facility twice a month but on three occasions called the facility the day of and canceled. This left me having to take my dad to urgent care. She is almost impossible to get in touch with. Rarely does an actual person answer the office phone and when they do they are outright rude. She does not use email to communicate with patients or their family members. I got the distinct feeling that she does not want to be bothered by calls. I would describe her services as cursory at best. My dad is now deceased (no fault of Dr. Pottanat). Her name came up when talking to funeral director. He said she is one of very few physicians that does not personally sign off on the death certificate. Must not be able to submit a medicare claim for signing a death certificate.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Dr. Pottanat has been heaven sent in her care with my 85 year old mother. She is extremely knowledgeable and has given us excellent referrals when needed. My mother hates doctors and she responds well with Dr. Pottanat, who is very patient and has a great sense of humor, as well as a friendly, approachable manner. I can always count on getting ahold of her and sometimes she answers the office phone herself. My sister is able to "attend" the appointments via my cell phone speaker when I take my mother and as she has a medical background herself, is very impressed with Dr. Pottanat. We love the nurses and especially enjoy Ronda, the nurse who comes on Tuesdays & is in her 70s - still very proficient! The only issues we've encountered a few times have been issues with the phone service itself making getting ahold of the office problematic, but not recently.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Absolutely the worst physician I have ever encountered. She makes poor decisions, refuses to do anything she does not have to do. Refused home healthcare for my 82 year old father. Then refused to sign is death certificate. Very rude to hospital staff and family members. Does not belong in this business.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I did not get to meet with the doctor but the office staff were not very helpful and offered poor service. Paul, the office manager, refused to make one phone call to verify the patient's medicare coverage but instead argued about why they couldnt service the patient for 10 minutes. In that same time, they could have easily called the provider number for Medicare. The receptionist also was very resistant in discussing medicare and had a disdainful and frustrated tone. Unsure of the dr's bedside manner but her staff are quite lacking in it!!!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

The doc was great, but her receptionist is HORRIBLE. I wish she would get rid of her. She is one of the reasons I left the practice. It is too difficult a process to go through her for your needs.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

Dr Pottanat is a great Dr. We have used her many times and been very happy with all aspects of the visits.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2009

Dr. Cissy P. Pottanat's Credentials

• Med Coll, Gandhiji Univ, Kottayam, Kerala, India (Grad. 1989)

HealthPartners