Ratings for Dr. Marty I. Belkin

I saw him a few times. The rating below was point on in so many ways - everything from the stiffness/snobbishness of his personality to his lack of interest. The last time I saw him he brought in two medical school students, both girls, even though I requested him not to. He joked with them (sometimes a bit flirtatiously imo) at my expense, and questioned my no longer taking ADD medication he previously prescribed me - even though I had lost my insurance and couldn't take it until I got on a new one! Overall he was rude. Even at that point I had to wait an entire month to see him and had questioned myself about seeing him because the previous time I saw him he simply acted uninterested in helping me all together. I'm supposed to see a new neurologist for migraines and the first thing I told my primary was that I will not be seeing him again and I am currently searching for a new neurologist.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

Belkin himself is a kind, decent man and a good neurologist. Unfortunately the staff at his M.I.N.D. office are always rude and indifferent, and act as if the patient is an annoying interruption of their paperwork. I have been going there 2 years and have never once been made to feel welcome, and never once had anyone even smile at me or say "How are you?". When you have a chronic disease the last thing you want is to be in an adversarial environment with petty rude people who wield power over you. No matter how good Belkin is -- getting past his kafka-esque infrastructure is just a tiresome, wearying, stressful experience, and for that reason it is definitely not a place to achieve healing. I recommend you stay away from this office.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2008

Although somewhat polite,(but stiff or stuck-up), not very knowledgeable. He is very young and his lack of experience shows. The neuro exam he gave me was quite brief and lacking that of a true neurologist- I had a more thorough neuro exam at my family doctor's office. One plus- he can do an MRI of your brain immediately. Otherwise, I kind of got the brush-off when he said he could do nothing for my symptoms. The MIND institute, where he works, is primarily interested only in patients that have MS and cater more to these people than others,which is great for them,but bad for others.My whole opinion of this guy is that he felt i was wasting his time and refused to do further testing based on my pain & weakness. He is your typical "in the family" doctor who probably became a doctor because his father is also a doctor...didn't really seem to have a passion for his practice or a passion to help me. I can't speak for others he may have helped, but personally I don't recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2008

he heped me when nobody else could

flag | Submitted August 22, 2007

Dr. Marty I. Belkin's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Ameritas