Ratings for Dr. M. Morse Michels

I took my son there few years back and never went back there again.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

STAY AWAY !!! Both the doctor and the staff are extremely rude and unprofessional. Very weird people!! Dirty and dated office. On top of all that, it's been 3 weeks and my glasses are not here yet. They can't even tell me what's going on!!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Dr Michels is a strange duck! He wears goofy ties and goofy shoes. Actually I can't say how good of an eye doctor he is...he has a lot of awards on his wall I his office. I was diagnosed with glaucoma and for some reason had to visit him every three months for a year.......huh? Waiting is terrible, in a hallway that if a person needs to get past you, you have to move your feet. Staff is not super friendly, but then again it may be due to the weirdo they are working for. As I said, can't give my opinion on how good of an optometrist he is, but he has been in practice for many many years at the same place.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I went to Dr. Michels this week. I think the Dr is a scam, he didn't explain anything to me! I had asked the only person who looked like they knew what they were talking about Christy she looked at my chart and explained everything to me she helped me with glasses and checked me out went over all questions I had. She is the only reason I'll return, it's because of her! Thank you

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

This place extremely unprofessional. The doctor is a quack, and, like many in private practice, seems mostly concerned with farming patrons for every dollar he can squeeze out of their insurance. The office staff, many of whom appear hardly 25 years old, are rude and condescending -- like they are bothered to be at work. The young heavyset one with brown hair is the worst. If you go to this place, you can expect long wait times, and very poor customer service. If you are a returning customer, I would suggest having your eyes -- and your head -- examined somewhere else.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

His office staff is rude. they fight amongst each other in front of patients. There are a bunch of machines lined up one after another no privacy. and you get put at these machines, the staff had no idea what these machines do for you, just how to work them.youo cant concentrate on whatyhour doing either because of everyone else in the building waiting to be seen. Now where you sit to see the doctor. Its a hall way If someone needs to get by to use the facilities, everyone had to stand up so that person can get by, thats how narrow it is. The doctor, I dont believe he had a clue what he is doing either, and had the nerve to try and diagnos me with a medical problem that I do not have. i told him what the issue really was, and he said that was an extra added bonus?I needed to get a letter from him to give to my other docotr saying my eyes were ok because of a certain medication Im on,... Im still waiting on that. I will never ever go back to that place.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2013

Doctor Michels runs his practice like a zoo. My husband and I went for appointments and were scheduled on the same date at the same time..for one doctor. Which had me a little curious as to who would be seen first. When we got there, it turned out that there were 6 other people scheduled for the same time slot! After sitting in the waiting room for a while, I was finally called into the exam room. Instead of testing my eyesight throughly, Dr. Michels simply flipped between two slides, asked which was better, and then gave me a pair of contacts to go into the "contact room" to try on..When I put them on and made my way back to the exam room, I found that another patient was in with the doctor! I sat in the waiting room with incorrect contact prescriptions in until the room opened up. This happened back and forth FOUR MORE TIMES! What a waste of time, contacts, and a doctors visit costing $150. My husband had a similar experience for his glasses. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME and money here!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2013