Dr. Venkatesh Babu G. Segu

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Venkatesh Babu G. Segu

Dr. Segu listens and gives the correct answers. He is a very good, educated doctor.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2019

Dr Segu and staff are awesome! Would recommend Dr Segu to anyone struggling with their thyroid condition. My levels were never under control until he became my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2019

Dr SEGU is awesome! So knowledgeable and cares about his patients. He likes to prevent complications ahead. We greatly respect his advice and opinion. So very glad we found him for my diabetes that had gotten out of hand.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2019

I really enjoy my interactions with Dr. Segu and his staff. I am always seen close to my appointment time and the wait is never long. I appreciate the time and patience given to explain my treatment options and plan. I really like that I get an emailed review and summary of each visit. It is really helpful especially when sharing results and treatment with my wife. I would and have recommended you and your practice to other diabetics I know. I feel at home here and feel like I finally have some direction for handling this disease. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2019

I am extremely fortunate to be under the care of Dr. Segu & his staff. I've had problems w/my thyroid levels which are constantly moving since I underwent Radio Active treatment about 35 years ago. So many doctors I've had do not understand, nor listen to me when I've had so many of the obvious symptoms to which I have been forced to endure, i.e., extreme fatigue, hair falling out, excessively dry skin & nails, etc. But this doctor & his staff are extremely knowledgeable & truly listen. Not only that, but I could never express my gratitude enough nor thank them all enough for their high standard of professionalism, respect, & empathy.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2018

Very efficient office - Appointments start on time and Dr Segu comes in shortly after vitals are taken. Office doesn't try to sell you on trendy, high profit procedures. They listen and take the necessary time to explain tests, results and procedures.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2018

Dr. Segu is the 3rd Endocrinologist I have seen in the past 12 years. He is by far the one that I highly recommend. He explains every procedure very carefully. He is extremely knowledgeable with great bedside manners. He is thorough and attentive. His staff is great also. I plan to use the services of Dr. Segu until he retires.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2018

Very personable and thorough. Know what he is talking about! Great doctor. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted June 29, 2018

It is so great to finally find a doctor who listens!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2018

I am very pleased with Dr.Segu and his staff. Everyone is friendly and efficient. Dr Segu is a caring person who really explains things so you understand.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

Dr. Venkatesh Babu G. Segu's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Venkatesh Segu has over 17 years of clinical experience in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Internal Medicine. He has been formally trained in both the U.S. and India and has actively contributed to a variety of research publications. He is passionate about dedicating time to patients so they can get the best medical care possible. Board Certification in Endocrinology, Internal Medicine, and Metabolism 17+ years of clinical practice in Texas, Indiana, and Utah Research Fellowship at the Pacific Northwest Research Institute Senior Endocrine Fellowship at the University of Washington Medical School Endocrine Fellowship at the University of Wisconsin Thyroid Ultrasound and Biopsy Certification by the American College of Endocrinology

• English
  • Telugu
  • Hindi
  • Kannada

• University of Washington (Grad. 2001)
  • University of Wisconsin (Grad. 1999)
  • Mysore Medical College (Grad. 1989)
  • Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (Grad. 1995)

• Type 2 diabetes
  • Thyroid nodules
  • Osteoporosis
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
  • Type 1 diabetes
  • Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
  • Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
  • Thyroid cancer