Ratings for Dr. Valori D. Treloar

I waited 40 minutes after my appointment start time first off. The staff was incredibly nice and kind but Dr. Treloar, not so much. I cannot believe how rude and condescending she was. Someone else wrote that it seemed as if my condition wasn't serious enough and that's exactly how I felt. She was nasty. I can't believe people see this woman. Never again. I feel bad for the med student that's with her.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Intolerant of other people's dietary choices, it's her way or the highway.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Condescending and rude interaction with Dr. Treloar regarding my diet when I went to see her about my acne.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

Dr Treloar is the most thorough and helpful physician I have ever had visited. She is a remarkable! A walking encyclopedia of health knowledge! She was interested in learning "Why" I had a horrible rash on my arms and legs. I'd seen dermatologists for decades, and been given numerous pills and creams. All of them worked, for a while. But Dr. Treloar wanted to know why I was getting the rash in the first place, instead of masking the symptoms with medication. I was uncomfortable with the nutrition and lifestyle changes she suggested. Mostly they just sounded difficult. But, after half trying for a few months with little result, I decided to follow her advice to the letter. And my rash of 30 years is gone! So are my frequent stomach-aches, headaches, insomnia, and the extra weight I'd been carrying around for the last 20 years. I feel great! And, I owe it all to the brilliant Dr Treloar!! I've been telling all of my friends that she's the best physician around.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

Made an appointment to see Dr. Treloar about a couple of skin issues. She did not show up for my 2 PM appointment until 2:30 and instead sent in a medical assistant (who was more caring and attentive than the MD!) to pre-screen me and take down all my information. When I brought up an additonal minor question that had slipped my mind during the medical assistant's interview, Dr. Treloar became condescending, irritated, and near-hostile, informing me that I must always tell the medical assistant these things first and that she would not address it. Absolutely no bedside manner or compassion for the patient. I will be finding another dematologist who actually cares about the patient she is treating!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

went in because I was worried about a mole. She reassured me that it was not one to worry about, but if I see changes to please come back! Very kind and patient, her staff is friendly. Had a little bit of a wait, but I've never been to an office where I didn't have to wait!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

I went to ask about something legitimate to rule out possible melanoma, and had other basic questions. She talked down to me was very condescending and rude. She rushed me after being an hour late, did not seem capable of taking the patient seriously as a human being, and was demeaning and flippant about my small but genuine concerns. Perhaps she was having a bad day, but this does not excuse poor treatment of a patient- and made me feel awful. The impression was that she thought I wasn't there for something "serious" enough- shouldn't a doctor take every patient's real concern seriously, and want them to be well, not sicker? It seemed as though I needed to be much older or very sick for her to take me seriously or be basically respectful. Astonishingly obnoxious and unprofessional. (And the fact that I never bother to write reviews but thought this was important enough says a lot.)

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

I had legitimate welts on my face and was told by the doctor to cut out carbs and dairy and to use her own line of face mist and to come back in 3 weeks. I am in sales and having the horrible face rash for 3 weeks was not an option. I asked for meds and she saidit wouldn't work. I went to another dr. who knew what my condition was immediately, put me on meds and cleared the condition up. I was also told Treloar is known for pushing her own products. Absolutely unexcusable by a doctor.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

Dr. Valori D. Treloar's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)