Ratings for Dr. Craig R. Mueller

Super long waits that average 1.5 hrs after your scheduled appt time sometimes over 2 hrs

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

After Obama care went into effect, I had was told this Dr. Mueller would be my primary care doctor. What a first experience with him, instead of asking me any type of questions, he sat down and went on and on about how he didn't know if he was going to be able to keep me as a patient, due to having me having Obama care four insurance . He let me know immediately, exactly what his usual Office visit cost was and exactly what Obama care would pay him. He then gave me the rundown on what his bills, his electricity, renting the building, his insurance, the front office, his staff and so on, in comparison to what Obama care would be giving him, he just didn't know if he would be able to keep Obama care patients. This may very well be true but to sit there and tell me about this, was very unprofessional and made me feel quite unwellcome, as if I wasn't good enough for him to be even talking to or dealing with. He let me know right up front, he was not happy about having to take on all these Obama care patients. After making sure I knew exactly how he felt, he told me I needed to go on a diet and offered diet pills, then said if that doesn't work, I needed a lap band surgery. This was said even before asking me any questions, or running any kind of tests. Each time I went, I always waited at least 30 to 45 minutes before being called. On one of physic on one of visit, he told me I needed to do a Pap. I told him I had a complete hysterectomy over 10 years ago so he said, this will be your last one then. I went to the office in hysteria to have this done, only to be told by the doctor there I didn't need one because I had a complete hysterectomy. On my next visit back to Dr. Mueller, he told me again I needed to get pap then when I told him I had went and was told I didn't need one due to my complete hysterectomy he said hooo, you didn't tell me about that, I wouldn't of sent you there if you would've. I told him that yes, I most certainly did tell him then he said, he didn't remember that and laughed. Again, he told me, I need to get a lap band surgery. My very last visit to him, Was due to my being I very off-balance, I was scared I might have had a stroke or something . When I explained to him what was going on with me, his first words were, You want a scooter, do you know how much a scooter is, your insurance is not going to pay for a scooter. He then looked me up and down, sat there for a moment or two then said, your pearl of wisdom for today, where shoes that support your ankles. He then sent me on my way. He then got up and walked out of the room, What, what was that supposed to mean? It was shortly after that maybe a week, I ended up in the ER, unable to walk on my own, I had to hold onto someone, due to how off balance I was. I was I was it admitted to Victor Valley Hospital, where I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis. The next day my hands started drawing up and I couldn't open them, I lost feeling in my shoulders my hands my stomach my thighs and my feet . No one in the high desert would touch me, due to my case being so severe. Victor valley reached out to hospitals all over, the only one that was willing to take me was in San Diego, The Universitythere took me and I ended up having to to have surgery. They removed three discs from my neck, replacing them with three brackets. It's been eight months, I still don't have complete feeling in my hands or feet, I am also still a bit balance but I am walking, using a walker. Had I stayed with Dr. Mueller, I would have been paralyzed for life! I suggest, you look for another doctor before going to this one .

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

RUDE!!! That's the only word I have to explain this jerk. I went into his office pretty darn positive that I had a thyroid issue and he dismissed every single one of my concerns and related it to the fact that I had just had a baby a 18 months prior. He frequently cut me off and spoke over me and when I requested a 3 part blood test often used to diagnose thyroid issues he only had part of it ordered and then insisted that I have a breast ultrasound which had NOTHING to do with why I was there in the first place. He then told me that I needed a Pap smear but that I could not go to my own OB I had to go to his OB. When I called for my blood test results i was told I had to make an appointment and the soonest they had was months away.... Like really?!? Needless to say I never got my results and haven't been back to that quack since then. My fiancé went to see him with double torn rotator cuffs. He gave him a ton of muscle relaxers and norco and sent him on his way after telling him he was overweight and offering him diet pills. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Dr. Mueller has been my doctor for a little over 5 years and he is an absolutely excellent physician. I just had the pleasure of reading some nut jobs wife comment on how my doctor could have the nerve to ask her husband what medication he wants. Look crazy lady, I have been asked that question by every doctor that has made an attempt to help me with my pain. It is just one of many questions a good doctor will ask because the answer helps him figure out if the patient is there looking to get a specific narcotic and possibly abuse that narcotic. Now as for Dr. Muller wanting to put this woman's husband on OxyContin, that makes total sense and I'll tell you why " If a patient needs to be on pain medication for an extended period of time then Norco is not the medication he should be on because it is not healthy to take medication with high amounts of acetaminophen for long periods of time. I would also like to let people know that just because you get an MRI it is not going to light up and tell the doctor everything he needs to know, at best it gives him a decent idea if there is an obvious injury or excessive inflammation and that's it. It's too bad that people keep feeding into this fear of pain medications. It's not right that people who take these medications just to lead a normal life are looked upon as just your common addict just because some decided to use and abuse there medications. There is a huge difference between those who choose to take these pain medications and those who need to take these medications. Those who choose to take these kinds of medications and abuse or sell them are straight drug addicts and dealers. Those who have to take these medications just to have some kind of quality of life like myself have a physical addiction which is just a side affect of the medication. I think I can speak for most in my position when I say that I would much rather have nothing but pain relief from my melds, I don't want any euphoric feeling or any other affect except pain relief.

Submitted August 15, 2015

My husband has been having horrible back pain for the past year. He has seen this "Dr" several times and everytime he goes the "Dr" always says what meds do you want? Seriously?! What kind of Dr just asks their patients what kind of pain meds they want like it's a candy store? He tried to put him on oxytocin during his first visit and my husband said no way! He's been on Norco for almost a year and finally demanded to have an mri done, which he had done last week and I'm sure will take at least a few months to get the results seeing as how this quack doesn't care about his patients. Only thing he cares about is the kickbacks from the pharmaceutical companies and those insurance payments. Needless to say we will be switching drs!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

At times he can be a little short but as a whole I have no problem with the doctor. On the other hand, a few members of the office staff can be incredibly rude.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

I honestly do not even know how this facility is still up and running. It is extremely diffictult to get ahold of a human being and when you finally do, they transfer you back to thier main menu because they have no idea on how to assist you. Not only that, but they have a very unprofessional way of answering calls. I really do not care to hear any of your office gossip when I am calling your office.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

DO NOT go to this dr! I can't believe he's even able to be called a dr! My husband went to him 4 months ago and explained that he's been tired all the time. First thing out of the Dr's mouth was let's put you on medication to keep you awake. I suggested a sleep study and he looked at me as if he was annoyed. Got the sleep study done and my husband had sever sleep apneia! The stupid Dr wanted to put him on meds without even finding the cause of his problem! Needles to say he's on a machine now and no meds....then my husband had blood work done. Called to get the results and had to set an appt. 2 month wait!!!! He goes to his appt and waited 3 HOURS to be seen by the dr.....stay away from this quack. He's far to pushy on just prescribing you meds without finding out what's wrong with you. And his staff is a bunch of rude twats!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

There was only 1 person ahead of me and my total office visit time was 3 hours, it was an expensive waste of my day away from work. My boyfriend has the same dr and had vital testing done regarding his health, they refuse to give him his results without making an appointment, which is a 1 month wait time. His results will impact his job, I'm furious with the way they do business!To me that's called insurance greed! I've been to this Dr. once and knew IMMEDIATEDLY I wanted to switch to a new doctor, I just didn't feel comfortable with him or his demeanor at all. I DO NOT recommend this facility at all!!!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Dr. Craig R. Mueller's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1979)

Ameritas