Ratings for Dr. Maria I. Betancourt

I have a very different experience from everyone who has posted. I think the staff is terrific, I particularly love the front desk attendants. They have always gone out of their way to help me. I have seen Dr. B for many years, I do agree she needs to work on her bed side manner. For a long time i preferred seeing the nurse practioner bc she was a much nicer. They do make you feel a bit rushed, but having said that she is a very good doctor and knows her stuff inside and out. Ultimately for this reason I continue going back to her. I trust her and I know she will provide good care (maybe not the friendliest but i am not there to be pampered or to make a friend).

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

I had the worst experiences ever with Dr. Maria Betancourt. Every single time I tried to get my regular Premarin prescription they said I needed to come in every 6 months 'just to be sure I'm handling' a prescription I've taken for 10 years. No test results discussed. When she coded a visit incorrectly, she refused to recode it, so I had to pay $350 for my annual Gyn exam, and the receptionists/office managers are incredibly, terribly rude if you ask them the smallest thing, never apologize, and if there is any problem, they blame you and never, ever apologize. 3 weeks after my father died in an accident I needed a prescription, and was driven nearly mad trying to get them to help me, in an incredibly stressful time in my life. They are unprofessional, heartless, incompetent, brusque, bossy, and the worst doctors ever.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

I have always had a pleasant time at Dr. Betancourt's office, however my recent interaction with them has been horrible. I visited the office nearly a year ago for an undiagnosed condition (I was attending law school in Indiana and traveled to NY just to see her). Unbeknownst to me, after my insurance paid the bill, I had acquired a co-pay. The billing department at Dr. Betancourt's office sent bills to an incorrect address and sent a $25 bill to collections that ended up on my credit report after they sent notices to the incorrect address. I have received many telephone calls from Dr. Betancourt's office regarding appointments and testing results, but no one bothered to give me a courtesy call regarding a MEASLY $25 bill that has ruined my credit. I will never again visit this office. Patient regard and care are equally important as services rendered.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

The office is very clean, and appointments have always been punctual. However, the Dr. and her NP have been rushed and cold on each visit. I found them to be insensitive and unwilling to explain or counsel me on questions I had. The Dr. appears capable and intelligent, but I cannot see how she can do her job adequately when she does not counsel her patients.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

I think Dr. Maria Betancourt doesn't care for her patients much. I called her for a concern, and she sounded very cold/dry and told me she doesn't need to see me. I'd been to the office a few times over the years but I am looking for a new ob/gyn now.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Betancourt for just over a year. She is knowledgable, and I trust her with my health, however, I have found her bedside manner to be cold and unfriendly. I have seen her twice and her NP twice, and I feel that I get inadequate care simply because I have a hard time talking to her. My most recent exam, she listened as I explained many aspects of my health, however she only addressed a few of my questions and concerns. After approximately 5 minutes of talking and 5 minutes for the exam, I tried to ask an additional question-- only to have her answer as she was literally one step out the door. 6 months ago when I received some potentially troublesome test results, the NP called but offered NO counseling or advice. I think this is highly unacceptable and dangerous, particularly when dealing with sexual health.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

Dr. Betancourt is pleasant, and knows what she's doing. I'm a special case and I need a lot of sensitivity that I didn't feel she provided, but she was nice, the office was clean, and I felt comfortable.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2008

The staff is a little friendlier than the average dr.'s staff. Dr. Betancourt's not unfriendly but is not the friendliest. I've no complaints about her friendliness level :) I'm happy with her because she is pretty to the point: finds the problem, finds the cause, finds the solution.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2008

Dr. Betancourt, is very nice, helpful, and thorough. Whenever I need a prescription called in to my pharmacy, or I need her office to handle something with the insurance, they are right on top of things. I am very happy with my current Gyno doctor, and I highly recommend her to others!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2008

The entire staff, including Dr. Betancourt were extremely cold. Yes, they were punctual and they did their jobs, but that is all you are to them - a job. I felt not humanity there, no human warmth or compassion. All they cared about was efficiency.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2007

Dr. Maria I. Betancourt's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1986)