Ratings for Dr. Richard G. Pigeon

I was having back pain for the longest time. I just chalked it up to getting a little older. When it became unbearable and painful to the touch I gave in and went to see a specialist. Dr. Pigeon is just that! A specialist and he knows his stuff! After all the exams and prodding X-rays and MRI's he told me about my issues. Four, yes 4 discs missing. Now I know why I am shorter by two inches. Also my spine has slid forward on my tailbone past center. Solution, a 7 hour surgery...... Or Therapy. I asked therapy will work? He said that and a shot from one of his associates may relieve some of the pain. Well, let me tell you I was 80/20 bad/good most of the time when I started the therapy. After 2 months and the shot I was 20bad/80 good. Amazing! It has been almost two years now and I am still the 80% good most of the time. At 63 years old now I am walking upright and have changed careers to construction demolition. I can walk 3-6 miles per day on a jobsite and I feel GREAT! Thank you to Orthopedic Associates of West Pasco and Dr. Richard Pigeon and Dr. Tambay and Dr. Schwartz

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Dr. Pigeon was a great Dr. and explained evrything at a level I could understand since I'm no Dr. Never rushed to do surgery. His staff was always amazing getting back to you in a timely manner. I would recommened him to anyone needing a spine doc.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

What a wonder choice I made to go with Dr. Pigeon for my spinal fusion. He never rushed me and answered many questions I prepared from reading numerous sources. He is soft spoken an carries on conversations about various topics. My surgery and post op went great. I am 64 and returned to teaching sooner than expected. I would this surgery over agin and highly recommend his service, knowledge, and skills to any of my own family. I trust and highly respect him.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014

Dr. did not explain anything to me and did not listen to anything I had to say wanted to do extensive surgery when other doctors recommended minimally invasive surgery.Would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Very good experience at Trinity. He is thorough and has a calming way. He came highly recommended by my primary care Dr. and I am pleased with my care.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

flag | Submitted February 10, 2013

Waited two hours for my appointment with doctor on October 15 at the Trinity, Florida Office. Staff was courteous but only would say Doctor was running behind. No other explanation was given nor was any apology given by doctor.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

Dr. Richard G. Pigeon's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Clearwater, FL