Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Mcmonigle

She is listed as a psychiatrist as well as a neurologist. She is definitely a neurologist first. She tried to order lots of unnecessary tests.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Awesome doctor. Extremely nice and caring. My previous neurologist never spent more than 5 minutes with me after a 2 hour wait. Dr mcmonigle saw me on time and spent 30 minutes. Staff was very nice. I have difficulty with my vision so they scheduled all my radiology tests at Zwanger for me. I had such a great experience.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

This doctor is only about money. Makes you get tests you don't need only to get more $. Ridiculous. Office staff is rude and not knowledgable on anything. Medical Assistants don't do anything but stand around and give attitudes. I will not be coming back to this practice and have told multiple people that go there, to find someone else.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I would run not walk from Dr. Mcmonigle. I went in for a check up bc I have been having some migraines for the past few yrs and they recently got a little worse. I do have herniated discs in my neck but am very active and have mild to moderate pain from them. I figured I'd get sent for an MRI and that's it. Well, she was adamant that I go see a Neuro surgeon to find out about surgery. She then told me she'd arrange to have me go for a sleep study bc I told her I wake up every once in a blue moon with a panic attack. Then she wanted to put me on anti anxiety meds and something else to help me to sleep! She then said I should also do a 3 day EEG to rule out seizures that COULD be happening due to my migraines. Oh and here's the best part... when recommending I go see a neuro surgeon for my herniated discs, she said that I should not "mess with the neck" bc I could have a fender bender and end up paralyzed! I wanted to give her a piece of my mind but just nodded and said I would take everything into consideration. I was nothing less than disgusted and shocked to hear everything she was suggesting. Highly inappropriate to try and scare the wits out of patient. Luckily, I know my body and about natural healing. I also know a thing or two about the racket that SOME Dr.s take part in to make as much money as they can off of unsuspecting and naive patients. Incidentally, I have started taking Riboflavin and feverfew to help with my migraines and they work wonders! Of course she didn't have any interest in hearing this. Shame on you Dr. Mcmonigle for being a pill pusher and surgery pusher!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

So happy to have found this doctor. So caring and thorough. Spent an hour with me on our first visit. Didn't feel rushed at all. Staff seemed very caring and willing to help. Highly recommend !!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Excellent doctor, very thorough and caring. Extremely impressed!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Please do not see this doctor! If you dare to ask her a question that she doesn't like, she will kick you out of her office & threaten to call the police on you. I just went through this with her when I asked a question about my husband's condition. Completely unprofessional and I have reported her to the AMA

Submitted October 4, 2014

Unable to determine efficacy of first visit with Dr. Did not get beyond that as staff appeared knowledgeable but were incompetent in dealing with insurance company for further testing. Some information noted on dr's summary is incorrect. This incorrect information may have a negative affect on my continuation for disability. I have had to seek another physician.

Submitted April 14, 2014

Dr McMonigle totally misdiagnosed my problem. Sent me to a neurosurgeon and a hand surgeon to have a shunt put into my brain and carpal tunnel surgery on both hands. Both surgeons refused to do the procedures as neither one was the solution to my problem. Their physical exam did not coincide with the results that her EMG suggested. EMGs redone with totally different results. Thankfully I was able to avoid 2 unecessary surgeries thanks to another neurologist and 2 surgeons.

Submitted March 3, 2014

Dr. was just fine. However,office staff did not appropriately follow up on authorizations for tests. Multiple calls to the office and correspondence did not result in any follow up calls from office staff in over three months. Office ignored required response from disability insurance carrier which compromised my further care.

Submitted January 13, 2014

Dr. Jennifer Mcmonigle's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 2001)