Ratings for Dr. Vincent Polizio

Dangerous, and let me tell you why. Four years ago, I suddenly developed a problem on my scalp & my PCP referred me to a dermatologist. At this office, you aren't seen by the actual dermatologist, but my a physician assistant (which is what Vincent is). He told me the problem on my scalp was psoriasis, and while I was there, also pointed out 2 other spots I told him I had had trouble with for a long time, which he also told me were psoriasis. The treatment he gave me cleared it right up, and he attributed the psoriasis to stress from my work schedule. He removed/biopsied a basal cell skin cancer from my face & scheduled me for Moh's, which I found out the day that I showed for the procedure with the "real" dermatologist, he couldn't perform the procedure because of where it was & that I needed to see a plastic surgeon. Was annoyed enough over that.. About 2-1/2 years later, I had begun having a lot of problems with my joints & my skin problems were out of control. I saw several doctors to find out what was wrong, and eventually I was seen by a rheumatologist. I had testing done because of a family history of psoriatic arthritis & I was diagnosed with the same. My rheumatologist was AGHAST that all that time ago, Polizio did not ask me any questions about whether I had a family history of psoriasis, let alone refer me to a rheumatologist as soon as he determined I had psoriasis, because it is an autoimmune condition that has a likelihood of becoming psoriatic arthritis. No, I was told none of that by Polizi, just that it was from "stress." If I had seen the actual dermatologist from the start, or maybe had been seen by a competent PA, I could've known ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO that I had the gene for PsA & probably could be in a MUCH better position than where I am now a far as the problems I'm having from the arthritis. So keep that in mind if you see this guy. I will never again go to any doctor's office where you're not seen by the actual doctor & only treated by a PA.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Took the time to explain my condition and how to use my meds. Very knowledgeable and good bed side manner.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I saw Vincent in the Freehold office, I was sent to see him by my primary doctor to check a mole on my leg. My pmd told me that there were many providers in this practice, but he wanted me to see Vincent specifically. Vincent looked at the mole on my leg and reassured my it was just an age spot. But he asked to look at my back and other areas to check me over to make sure nothing else was concerning. I didn't think it was necessary because my pmd just did, but I obliged. Luckily I did, because Vincent said there were a few suspicious spots on my back and 1 on my head that he wanted to remove. He did and they were skin cancer! Thankfully he took the time to look, and he helped to detect these early. They were nothing serious and he was able to take care of them in the office in a few follow up visits. Now I see him every few months to make sure I don't have anything that could be a problem later on.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012