Ratings for Dr. Debbie L. Amundson

Dr. A and her office are very aggressive - typically pushing for additional services to be performed. I commonly felt like I was being "upsold" services. As part of their sales process, they typically grant assurances that there will be insurance coverage - but if there is ever an issue with insurance coverage (due to their errors or otherwise), they will attempt to make the patent 100% responsible. I suggest always requiring pre-approvals, and to avoid if you don't like high-pressure dentists. I am no longer comfortable going there, as I feel they are in it more for the money than my well-being.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

Horrible experience. She was very rude to a mentally handicapped patient while I was there. I decided then I would never go back. She had me get a crown that my previous dentist told me was unnecessary. I've heard from other acquaintances that they've had bad and similar experiences, too.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Went to this clinic, but over time felt like they were just in it for the money. Had 3 crowns, never had one before or after going there. While I like dogs, I don't like them running around my dental office. Also, the doctor is rather rude to her hygienists and can be condescending as well. The hygienists are either too rough or seem like they don't know what they are doing. Generally, I do not recommend this dental office.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Tramatizing experience for my five year old! They insist parents stay in the waiting room, after hearing my child screaming in pain I ran back there to find the assistant holding her down arms and feet, and Dr Amundson drilling! She was scheduled for sealants! Dr Amundson and her staff are money hungry, extremely uncaring and very pushy, not to mention very unproffesional, they snap at customers and eachother during the visit. The dogs....no comment! Very strange situation! Absolutley no compassion shown for my child, they simply said it doesnt hurt her, she needs to stop crying or go to a specailist!!!! Wow, the mama bear almost came out of me, I took my child, carried her out and left! She needs to spend less on lip botox and invest in compassion classes, if that even exsists!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

We really thought Amundson would be "the" one. We were new patients and the first cleaning appointment went GREAT. My husband scheduled to do two crowns. Amundson used only one numbing shot per tooth for which he could still feel the pain however we didn't care much for it. What really made us angry was... just a few days after the temporary crowns were put on, one of them fell off. We called the office IMMEDIATELY as it was really painful to do an "almost" open wound exposure. Due to the office's hour, we were denied service. We called every day to try to get in to get HER mistake fix, but we still got denied or that "it was booked." Personally, in cases like this... EMERGENCY SITUATIONS... I don't care how booked a doctor is, they need to MAKE AND FIND time to have that patient in to FIX their MISTAKE. My husband had to go to the drug store to find his own dental glue to adhere the temp. crown back on. When we finally got to see the doctor, it was because she had already receive the actual crowns (~ 2 weeks from temp. crown placement). As if things couldn't get worse... he was booked for a last appointment therefore the doctor was in a rush. She DID NOT use any kind of NUMBING to numb the tooth as requested because apparently to her "it wasn't going to hurt" but in reality, my husband felt EVERY BIT of the pain. That was our SECOND and LAST appointment with her. She does not deserve to be a doctor. Again, anyone can agree that if anyone (doesn't matter what their title is) screws up on their part... need to take responsibility of it.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2015

Horrible experience. Unsanitary with dogs running around. Not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I walked out on them because they are money hungry facity Charge me out off pocket before the insurance. No longer going there.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

I went to this office not expecting to see 2 dogs running around. Expect xrays the old fashion way. It took them 1 hr to do xray on me my mouth was all cut up afterwards. It was so painful. Also expect to have a 2 dogs looking at you while your getting this done. The assistant was kinda rough while doing my exam. No bedside manner at all. Dr. Amundson seem very nice. Expect to pay money after your visit. For some apparent reason they know how much your insurance will discount for the visit and so they are expecting the balance up front before you leave.Very pushy kinda like going to buy a car.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013

Dr Amundson appears to be a good dentist; howver, I do have two issues; one being that it is very cold in the waiting room, especially in the colder months. The second is the fact that Dr Debbie has her two small fury dogs which walk around the office and tbe rooms where the patients are. I do like dogs; however, this makes for an unsanitary environment.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

receptionist/office manager is aggressive. Doctor is nice enough, she's kinda rough on her assistants though.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013