Ratings for Dr. David D. Leonard

Dr. Leonard listens and is good at explaining treatment options. His staff seems to be more helpful and friendlier than they were in the past. Phone calls are now returned in a reasonable amount of time.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I have gone to Dr. Leonard over 20 years and have found him attentive, smart and caring. Since he went to a concierge practice, he is also much easier to get a same day appointment. For me it is well worth the extra cost. Dr. Leonard is the best.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

Highly recommended. He took the time to clearly explain my elderly mother's medical condition and her treatment options which was a big help. His staff is friendly.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

Great doctor. Very much into preventative medicine. Generally runs on time as he allows enough time between patients. Couldn't be happy unless he was closer to my home!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2013

Dr Leonard's staff was amazing! They are rock stars!! I deal with doctor's offices just about everyday, and I wish they all were as nice, professional, responsive and helpful as Dr Leonard's office. I gave the best rating possible for Dr Leonard and his staff, because my experience with them couldn't have been any better!!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

I have found Dr. Leonard and his staff to be very helpful, friendly, and competent. I have been going to the practice over 10 years and have had no problems.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2010

Terrible! Dr Leonard is very knowlegable medically. Outside his medical skills, any other support is non-existent in my experience. Calls are not returned. Bills are not received. The staff is totally is disrespectful, & inefficeint, i.e., ineffecive, inefficient,disrespectful -unprofessional even arrogant in my opinion. I have not seen them take responsibility nor work with me to resolve problems mutually.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009

Dr. Leonard is the Marcus Welby of our time. His unyielding devotion and dedication to his patients is beyond reproach. Dr Leonard possesses effective intrapersonal communication skills with his patients which proves invaluable in helping patients and their families to understand illnesses as well as a way forward. Dr. Leonard is man to honored and a doctor to be respected. If there were more doctors like Dr. Leonard our medical system would not need to revamped. Kudos to Dr. Leonard for providing stellar medical service to our community. Michele Watson

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

It is no surprise that Dr. Leonard has been named a Top Doctor by Washingtonian magazine multiple times, including the most recent survey. He combines a comforting bedside manner with outstanding medical knowledge and highly proficient competency. He always counsels prevention but if it a more serious health issue he explains the symptoms and treatment in a calm, professional, and sincere approach. I alwsys feel relieved after a visit knowing that my PCP is on top of my care and has my best interests at heart regardless of the time costs during a an appointment. He stays current on all pertinent issues in the medical field. Since he insituted an electronic records system it has improved efficieny I am fortunate to have him as my doctor as he is a modern day practitioner with old fashioned values.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2009

I received prompt, professional, friendly service. The front office girls were especially helpful with getting my referrals done quickly and with minimal hassel. The nurse Jackie is a trip. She makes me feel at ease. Dr. Leonard is friendly and easy to talk to. He exhbits confidence and addresses my concerns without appearing rushed. The practice is professional and has earned a top rating in my book. I found Dr. Leonard as he was a top rated family doctor in both Checkbook Magazine and in Washingtonian.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2009

Dr. David D. Leonard's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

MAMSI