Ratings for Dr. S. ROBERT Harla

Dr. Harla is basically a criminal. He prescribed a $600 cream for a cold sore on my lip instead of a simple oral anti viral medication. When I called to complain about the cost the office sent the prescription to a compounding pharmacy in BFE Grapevine instead of issuing a more reasonable and widely used prescription. The waiting room was packed and people were churned in and out. His appointment scheduling slots were available in 10 minute increments suggesting he wants to bill as many patients as possible in a day. I waited in the waiting room for about 40 minutes and only saw Dr. Harla for 4 minutes, yes I timed it.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Harla for 12 years. I like the office staff. The rude front office staff I only experienced 2004 for a short time.I think they were terminated. Dr. Harla is an excellent DR.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

This is the dermatology office to visit if you want professional and caring help! I saw two doctors (Dr. Weis and Dr. Harla); and both were so thorough and knowledgeable! The diagnoses they made and the treatment they prescribed were fantastically effective. My first visit found my face all red and irritated and my toes and feet fungal-infected; my second visit two weeks later found me very ready for them to see the great results they had helped me achieve! There are photographs to prove it! My....what a relief they brought to me! These doctors actually take the time to "treat" you---not just SEE you; and that's amazing in this day and age! Wait time was minimal, and the whole staff exhibited such friendliness and cordiality that I really felt right at home. I don't go back for another three months, but I want to thank them for their superlative office----and their always-caring attitude! I gladly recommend this office to anyone who is looking for quality dermatological care!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

The Harla dermatology practice in both Grapevine and Keller should be ashamed of their practice. The front office staff is horribly rude, unprofessional, and never know what they are doing. Unfortunately I was roped into a regimen of Accutane and was stuck with the practice for several months. I saw Courtney Doran and was shocked at how little care she put into my case. The first time I met her, she came in and thought I had been seeing her for several months. I continually had to correct her of my case. Additionally, I always had to wait a minimum of 50 minutes just to receive a piece of paper. One time, I had been waiting for one hour due to "computer problems" (a complete lie... Courtney was late to work as I saw her try to sneak around back when I went out to my car to get something) and Courtney set aside 10 minutes of her time to talk to a Botox solicitor, keeping her patients waiting. This practice is tacky and unprofessional. I would not advise choosing this practice for care.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

First, staff rude - in wrong line of work. Dismissive attitude. Was required to pay in full before I actually saw anyone - only receipt given was a 'cash receipt' shady way to run a service buisness. Was seen by PA who almost made up for the short-falls of the front office. She was professional, kind, patient and completely explained plan of treatment with confidence. I have been treated with more respect at a fast food restaurant, than I was at this highly trained - professional medical office. Staff needs basic customer service skills training. A front office evokes the complete atmosphere of any business It is unfortunate to find a professional PA working in such an environment. Will follow up with treatment because I am aware of condition, but will transfer by care elseware and not recommend this office to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

Dr. Harla performed an biopsy on a suspicious area on the right side of my lips. I was instructed to go to a web site to see the results. Aside from being difficult to navigate, the site appeared not to work. I called his office and they said they'd get back to me. They never did.About a year later I had to bring in my son for a skin rash problem and inquired about the results of the biopsy -- which I assumed must have been benign since no one had contacted me otherwise.It was only then I was informed that the biopsy had revealed a type of basal cell classified as one of the worst and aggressive forms. I then had to go to a MOHs surgeon where after a ten hour procedure (five times going in), I was left with a half dollar sized whole between my upper lip and nose and the next day had to have emergency cosmetic surgery. All because no one in Dr. Harla's office, including himself, could make a simple, timely phone call. Despite a followup surgeries, my face is still scarred. Cost: $15,000

flag | Submitted January 15, 2011

This review is not for Dr. Harla, but for a nurse practitioner, Courtney Doran, at one of his offices in Keller. Do not go see this woman!! I went for treatment of acne scars and occasional breakouts on my face. I told her I was getting laser hair removal on my face and asked if there were any adverse reactions doing the 2 treatments at the same time. She said no, it was just fine. Well, I started using the meds she prescribed, and the next laser session I had, a HUGE rash broke out on my face!! It was horrible! The laser place said the antibiotic she prescribed caused the rash. They do laser hair removal at her office, so she should have know about this. Her staff is also rude and uncaring, and never returned my phone calls.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

GREAT DOCTOR IF YOU CAN GET PAST THE INITIAL GRUFF DEAMENOR. VERY VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND REALLY KIND BUT CAN BE IN QUITE A HURRY

flag | Submitted December 30, 2009

Very easy to contact and appointment was made within 4 days of my initial phone call. Wait time (in main reception room) was long; however made up for by friendly staff and short wait time (in operatory room). Would recommend very highly.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

Had a possibly cancerous blister on skin. Without a biopsy, claimed it was cancerous and I "had cancer because I was fat." Completely insulting and rude. Went to a cancer specialist to find it was a keloid scar and completely benign. Will never go back or recommend.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

Dr. S. ROBERT Harla's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of North Texas Health Science Center At Fort Worth (Grad. 1991)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Keller, TX