Ratings for Dr. Daniel J. Growney

From problems developed after surgery needed to go to another proffesional surgeon to correct. Comments made by personal at facility to correct problem was that operation was over his head.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

My husband & I have been to Dr. Growney several times-2 operations for me & colonoscopies for both of us. York IS a small town but Dr. Growney is great!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

Dr. Growney did everything he could to rescue my daughter from the ruptured appendix everyone else missed for 2 weeks. Including, assembling his team in record time after midnight & coming in without his shoes so I’ve heard. He also managed to keep it laparoscopic to save her a lot of awful scarring in spite of the tremendous infection that had become gangrenous. He was so wonderful afterwards as well. Took plenty of time to fully explain what had occurred & what the outcome possibilities were and really went over everything in great detail even though it was the middle of the night. He’s tops in my book!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2009

Dr. Growney is an excellent doctor. He has taken care of both of my parents and my sister for years. He is very knowledgable and has great bedside manners.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2006

i was very satisfied with his service

flag | Submitted August 3, 2006

I saw this doctor on a referral from my gp, which was covered by my insurance. but due to the fact that dr. growney operates out of the york general hospital i was subjected to numerous and unexpected "usage charges" and "lab fees" from the hospital. these charges were considered "out of network" charges by my health insurance provider and had to be paid out of pocket, these charges were very high. dr. growney did not know the difference between a cyst and a pimple. only after my firm insistence, did he come to the realization that i did have a troublesome cyst on my shoulder. i waited in his office for about 30-35 minutes for him to see me. i had an appointment scheduled well in advance.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2006

Dr. Daniel J. Growney's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

HealthPartners