Ratings for Dr. Melinda S. Mann

Dr. Mann is a caring, warm doctor. The wait is often long, but your appointment isn't rushed and she hears you out.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

I can't stress strongly enough that you should avoid this doctor. She is poorly trained and not thorough. I had a incident with her where she misdiagnosed a condition and gave me an unnecessary (and extremely unpleasant) surgical procedure. I did not realise this for years and have had 10+ years of pelvic pain. I finally found another doctor who got the diagnosis correct. I would have pursued legal action if the statute of limitations was not up, that is how negligent this doctor is.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Great Drs, but maybe that's why they have 100000 patients a day and 4 hour waiting time and dr never remembers you. It's a pity they make patients feel so uncared for when they have one of the top obgyn in Brooklyn !

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I love Dr. Mann, I have been a patient of hers for the past 12 years, she is knowlegeable, caring, and smart. Thank you. V - New York

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

It is impossible to ask this doctor a question over the phone, and she does not respond to messages left with her staff either. She seems nice, but is unprofessional. I overheard her in her office telling her nurse that she "doesn't do OB in her office, only psychology".

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

I finally am changing DRs because I'm fed up with waiting in the waiting room for at least 1 HR no matter what time I make an appointment! The DRs are fine once you get seen, but that wait is unexcusable. Also Parking is difficult in that area.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2008

This doctor was very helpful. We took a young newly married woman for her first visit to help her with a certain issue. She was gentle and knowledgeable and made a nervous situation more comfortable. I was so impressed that I've made my own appointment.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007

An amazing doctor! Very practical and a truly family friendly environment. She really cares for the patients and is gentle and sensitive in every way. The only complaint is that she is in such high demand and that the reception staff are very curt as a result. Amazingly, she can still see walk-ins, but plan to be there for three or four hours even if you have an appointment, and there are always tons of children with the mothers. She was exceptionally concerned for my expenses when I had a gap in my insurance coverage, and recommended combining tests and didn't do anything that wasn't critical. The nurses were genius in painless needles and the environment seemed like a warm family gathering. People from big families will feel at home.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007

I've been going to Dr.Mann for over 10 years - I am impressed by her compassion and skill. She has been helpful and she listens - I am very comfortable with her competence and grateful she is a medical practitioner and is there for me.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2007

BEWARE OF THIS DOCTOR, LADIES!! She is very rough and you could be waiting there for hours just to get in there. This "doctor" told me I was just having painful period cramps and told me to take motrin when in reality I was endometriosis, diagnosed by another doctor immediately after examination. Just stay away!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2007

Dr. Melinda S. Mann's Credentials

• Polish

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1985)