Ratings for Dr. Jian Shen

Compassionate and great surgeon. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2019

Dr Shen changed my life. I have been living with chronic back pain for close to 30 years. In the past 3 years my back had gotten worse and I heard about Dr. Shen. I went to him and for about a 3 year time period he was able to control my pain through ESI injections. When the ESI stopped working, D Shen said it was time for Fusion surgery of my L4 and L5. Over the past 20 years I have talked to several doctors who wanted me to have the fusion but I just never felt comfortable going ahead with it until I met Dr. Shen. He exudes confidence and truly cares deeply about his patients. I had the surgery last September and I am now for the first time in 30 plus years living pain free from my back. There are no words to express my gratitude to this man. He is the best in my book! If you suffer from back pain he is the man to see- and especially if you are considering back surgery, he is the doctor you want to talk to before making the decision. I have recommended him to several people and they have all been extremely happy with him. I am so thankful that I went to him and I can now enjoy life without chronic pain. Thank you Thank you Dr. Shen!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2019

I was referred to Dr. Shen by experts in Brain and Spine surgery in SF -- as the ONLY doctor they would recommend for the most advanced spine surgery using Tessys minimally invasive technology. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUZk7cISRSM&list=PL9BFAFE5A967E877D. I walked the day after surgery and was back to work. Dr. Shen is compassionate, knowledgeable, candid and approachable. His staff and facilities in NY are outstanding. If you suffer with nerve compression from disc herniation, definitely have a consultation with Dr. Shen before you make any decisions. He is the best.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2019

I met Dr.Shen 2 years ago , he repaired my neck at c3, c4 , c5 . I had a previous surgery four years prior, and the fusion didn't take. Dr Shen made repairs and my neck has been great ever since. I went to see him this summer for some back issues I was having. He read the MRI and he assured me he could fix me up , no problem. The first night home after the surgery I fell asleep in one spot & woke up in the same spot , no rolling and tossing , no pain. The man is a master at his profession , I can't give him enough praise. God bless him.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2019

After suffering with Spinal Stenosis and two bad discs for years and multiple Physical therapy and Chiropractic treatments I consulted with Dr Shen. Before Surgery I was in pain 24x7 and had limited mobility. After surgery I am 100% restored. It is amazing the difference the surgery provided not only in not having Physical pain but also in the mental, emotional and spiritual healing that took place.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2018

Dr shen is a monster don’t ever let him do surgery on you he will destroy your back and then leave you out to dry and then he will call you a drug seeker so he he can get rid of you he blames you for being a bad surgen that’s what he did to me I called him once to tell him I’m having complications And he told me to stop harassing him Please tell all about him he ruin my life

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Did not take time to listen to me, seemed more like he had more important things to do. Offered nothing for pain relief after telling him it was unbearable. Do yourself a favor, go to Albany Bone and Joint, the best bar none.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

I have known Dr. Shen for 3 years; after 20 years of chronic/acute pain due to DDD - I am walking and almost no pain ! I cannot thank him enough - DP

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Dr. Shen is a master surgeon! I had a microdiscectomy of L5 and S1. This procedure was minimally invasive and the recovery time was short. I met with one of his Physician's Assistants first and Karen was wonderful. She addressed all of my questions and concerns. The staff at St. Mary's hospital was great. They were all so caring and went out of their way to make me comfortable before the procedure. Thank you Dr. Shen for giving me my life back!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

The most amazing doctor I have ever had! Very very thorough and extremely good bedside mannor, never left me with any question un answered and he and his staff made sure that after my surgery I didn't have to worry or even think about anything. The most excellent treatment I have ever experienced. You can tell Dr. Shen is the type of person that was put on this earth to help people his confidence is reassuring and his knowledge in his specialty is unmatched. I had a microdiscectomy, laminectomy, and rhizotomy of my L4, L5 and S1 left and right side i'm 22 and have been dealing with this pain since 2011 from a very bad head on collision I was a passenger in. And it's almost like Dr shen waved a magic wand and reversed everything I know feel no pain, no aches, my legs dont go to sleep anymore. No numbness, and the one area of my left thigh that was so bad from the nerve damage it hurt just to have fabric touch my skin is all just gone. He is absolutly the best doctor to do your back surgery and couldn't be more kind. I got a call on a sunday afternoon from him just to check in and was very impressed, even send me and my family a Xmas card also signed by all my nurses at St. Marry's just amazing if your trying to find a doctor go see him you wont regret it and you'll be astonished at the level of care he gives his patiets 10/10 for sure.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

Dr. Jian Shen's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 2002)

GHI