Ratings for Dr. Michael R. Khalil

Everything that happened with the author of "If you think your derriere hurts..." happened to us. EXTREMELY unfair charges for using the operating facility. Dr Khalil and Dr Gertch were dishonest when discussing charges ahead of time. We are getting a lawyer to protest the last $4,000 payment they expect from us. Our advice: Just don't go unless you don't care how much money you will spend. They charge way more than what insurance will pay and we're stuck with the rest.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

If your derriere hurts now, wait until you see your bill from Dr. Michael Khalil at the Hemorrhoid Care Medical Center. I was seen by Dr. Khalil in early 2011 for a rash on my buttocks. To my surprise, he said in addition to needing a skin cream, that I may have internal hemorrhoids as well and he recommended that he schedule a colonoscopy. This was quite a jump from my initial complaint of rash, so he asked if there was any colon cancer in my family, I said yes (grandmother), and he said “I’m sure it will be covered”. So here we have a physician who KNOWS he participates in ZERO networks to perform this procedure (Neal said so on the phone). He KNOWS the patient is going to pay THREE TIMES as much going to him than if the patient goes to a location charging Usual and Customary fees. And given that he knows he is out of network, an insured patient is shelling out $ for a procedure that may have been free elsewhere! In the end I paid up. Protect your wallet and go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012

The work he did was good. Unfortunately he didn't do all we had agreed upon. The prep, pain and recovery are not worth another go at it, so it's a "live with it!" situation. So disappointing. Then, he billed me for it. After many attempts to right the situation, no luck. If you go to this business, get a cost estimate up front!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012

This Doc is amazing. I ended up going out of network on my insurance to be seen by him. Made the correct diagnosis and fixed the problem after months of suffering. Best interaction - funny but sincere and completely sympathetic. LOVED HIM.

Submitted January 8, 2011

Dr. Michael R. Khalil's Credentials

• Univ Of Southern Ca Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90033 (Grad. 1996)

UnitedHealthcare