Ratings for Dr. Alan R. Braid

His office staff is horrific and degrading. They refuse to treat anyone with respect; though I am always one to treat others with respect. I would never have made my first apointment or any after that if i knew what i knew now. Ladies, your better than to be treated like trash by this horrible group of miserable people.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010

i love dr. braid and the staff. sure miss suzy, but gracie is fine. rosa linda is precious. braid is beyond helpful and so kind!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

A few years ago I went in to see Dr. Braid and was about 6 weeks. I began having problems with the pregnancy and he sent me in for HGH testing. Based on my lab results and all of the information I was finding on the internet, I suggested to Dr. on several occasions that it was a tubal pregnancy. He kept telling me that I wasn't the first person to ever get pregnant and that we would "just have to wait and see". At about 12 weeks, I was taken to Methodist by ambulance where I saw Dr. Braid for severe, and I mean severe, pain in my abdomen. The pregnancy had ruptured my felopian tube and I was bleeding internally. Dr. Braid asked the technician "what's the large black area on the screen?" The technician replied, "Blood, Dr." They had to cut me open, repair the tube and I recieved 6 pints of blood. I spent a week in the hospital. It was a traumatic experience. To do over, I would have changed Doctors when I first recognized his disregard.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr Braid is a very caring and gentle man who always listens to my concerns and always answers my questions. He is proactive in making available the newest treatments options. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes to see him and I was always treated with respect.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2009

Dr. Braid delivered both of my children and I was very happy with his care of me and my pregnancy. I stayed very sick for the 1st 5 months of both my pregnancies & he was very compassionate. I was concerned & wanted him to be there for the deliveries. To ease my mind & make sure that he was there, he gave me the option to induce around my due dates. Since there births, at every follow up and my annuals, he has always asked about the children. I would recommend him to anyone having a baby.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2008

Dr. Braid has been my doctor for over twenty years. I have Lupus and my pregnancy was considered high risk. Dr. Braid took excellent care of me and my unborn child. I had to see him weekly during the last six weeks of my pregancy and I had to be monitored twice a week at the hospital. Even though he was not the doctor on call when I went into labor, he came to deliver my daughter when I started having complications. He is an excellent doctor, caring individual and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2008

I am 38 yrs old and was shocked to find out that I was pg after 23 yrs from my firt pg. I made appt with Dr. Braid and he told me that I was only about 4 to 6 wks along after he performed a sono then he ordered blood work and said for me to see him in 4 wks. Before he examined me he asked me to you plan on caring this baby full term and I responded that I would like to so he went on with the sono and lectured me about nutrition. so any way that was May the 17th and I had to have er surgery on the 24 th of May for a 9 to 11 wk gestation ectopic pg. He did not even find it and I could have died. I was about 7 wks pg and the baby had a heart beat when I went to see him and he spent 10 minutes with me and I think he should not be practicing. Sorry if long but I am angry at how he took care of me.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2007

This was one of the most degrading gyn. experiences I have ever had. "Dr." Braid is rude, conscending, and has a way of making one feel like a piece of meat. He came highly recommended by a woman who had suffered a miscarriage under his care. Over time I met more women who had seen him, and there seemed to be a pattern of a lot of miscarriages and problems in pregnancy Obviously, these things are part of an ob/gyn practice, but it was surprising to see the pattern in the women I met. I wish I had known this, and had known to ask Dr. Braid's stance on abortion. He was a regular abortionist at the Evers Road Clinic. Not sure how that worked out as far as delivering babies, but was glad to know to ask my doctors in the future.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2007

Dr. Alan R. Braid's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 78284 (Grad. 1972)

Workers Comp