Ratings for Dr. Nancy H. Thornton

Finally got in 30 minutes after my scheduled time to see Nancy Thornton. She rushed through everything (not my fault she has fallen behind). When I asked questions she seemed aggravated and used terms I've never heard before (maybe she assumes I'm a dermatologist also?) She threw around using the drug Acctuane like it was nothing to get started on. My acne is not that bad at all! I have a couple pimples on my chin and would like to remedy this for my wedding, but…Accutane?! Really?! Doesn't mention the possibility of birth defects, monthly blood samples and depression by using Accutane. No thanks. Maybe I caught her on a bad day because she seemed overall very flustered, not interested in me and rushed. She ended up prescribing me something I've been using in the past (total easy way out) that seems to work OK, but not exactly the answer to my problem.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Dr. Thornton & the Nurse Practioner are top notch. Everyone is helpful and friendly except the one of the nurses who has a really bad is unfriendly and seemed unsure of herself. I've recommended them to friends who have been equally pleased

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

Stuff there are busy and not very polite, and they charge $50 if you can’t reschedule it 24 hrs in advance. Dr. Thornton seems a nice person; however, this visit has become my worst experience, she did not listen to me, instead she took a scrape from scars on my hands and went to her microscopes, and then gave me the wrong diagnosis based on what she saw from the machine. Then I found some pictures to show them but again they ignored it. Though unconvinced, I chose to take her prescription for about 1 week, my skin is not getting any better, and Drs. may have the degrees, but will that make someone wiser? Now I have found the answer by doing my own on-line research, don’t waste you time and money, nobody understands your body better than yourself, you can be on charge in a lot of cases.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

Dr. Thornton took care of four skin problems I had in about 15 minutes. She was knowledgeable and provided excellent advice. The staff is second to none. My total time in the office including wait time was about 30 minutes.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2010

Dr. Nancy H. Thornton's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1976)