Ratings for Dr. Linda J. Rasmussen

Dr. Linda was the best doctor, I am able to ride my quad, run, bend over and wash my dogs, before I was unable to wash them because I was unable to straighten my back out. Thank you Doc. and the staff are so Amazing Sherrie Donoghue

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

I am 43 with osteoarthritis that has crept quickly on life due to wear and tear, and multiple injuries that I have endured as a youth doing every sport I can get into from running back in football, forward in soccer, digger/spiker in volleyball, track, mountain climbing, freestyle stunts, and etc. I have stayed very active until I went back to further my education which kept me away from my daily exercise routine of 3 times a days 6-7 days a week then next to nothing. Thus the degradation started and I found myself referred to Dr. Linda Rasmussen. From the first time I met her and her staff to schedule an appointment the staff is prompt and place me on the schedule right away including future appointments so that I do not fall behind. Dr. Rasmussen is very friendly, informative, confident, and quick to give encouragement and a hug after each appointment. She explains my current status and what is happening next. I know that I am only in the first stages of my care with her, however, I know that I will be taken cared off till my upcoming surgery later this year and onto my recovery stage. I give her five stars all the way any day!!!!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

I am a 55 yrs old female that had two very bad, "bone on bone" knees. I couldn't even go to the grocery store without severe pain. The shots were not helping. Being very overweight, most doctors would not even think of performing total knee surgery. But Dr. Rasmussen knew my quality of life was severely hampered and there would be no way to exercise to get my weight down. Since the 2 months of full knee replacements on both knees, I am so much better!! I can now walk and exercise and my quality of life has improved immensely! Thank you Dr. Rasmussen!!!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Best Doctor I found to help me with my oesteoarthritis. I'm 47 years old and other doctors said I was too young for for total knee surgery. Dr. Rasmussen didn't think so. I told her how much pain I've been in for years and all the shots and pain medication was not helping. She asked me when I wanted to have the surgery in my first visit in May and she did it in June. I had the second done on my other knee in September. I have No pain in either knees. She and her staff did a remarkable job taking care of me and I recommend her to anyone with oesteoarthritis that doesn't want to live in constant pain.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

My name is Caroline and Dr. Rasmussen is not only an excellent doctor she helped fix my knee when the first one done in June 18 2013 failed my doctor at the time said my knee would last 5years it lasted 4mos I suffered pain levels above 10 from my surgery on till November of this year Dr Rasmussen was recommended to me by friends who live in Kaneohe I am so thankful because she fixed my knee and will be doing my right knee in February 2016 Dr.Rasmussen is caring and the first doctor that had a red rose waiting for me in my room also a special breakfast for my husband and I the perks were great but her skill and knowledge as a doctor is what made me give her office a call and when I g of the call telling me she excepted me as a patient "oh happy day" she's great call her you won't regret it!!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Linda is one of the finest physicians that I have ever been treated by in my 63 years. She did two full knee transplants three weeks apart on me and had me rehabilitated and happily and functionally released from her care in four months. I cannot more highly recommend her surgical skills, her staff and their dedicated concern for their patients.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

My 82 year old mother fell and dislocated her right (artificial) hip and broke her right collar bone at the same time. The pain was excruciating for her and any movement made her steam out. Once she was at Castle they took X-rays and tried to reset the hip into position. The doctor on site had trouble so they called up another Doctor who works at Windward Orthopedic in the same office to assist but no luck - the hip would not go back in. The next day Dr. Rasmussen came in and explained that there may be something wrong with the artificial hip and that they would need to do surgery. I explained that ever since she got the hip replacement -that leg was quite a bit longer than the other one and had given her problems with balance and back pain ever since. I left to go to work as they prepped her for surgery and asked Dr Rasmussen if she could give me a call to keep me up to date. About an hour and a half later she called me and explained how well the surgery went- they found that the liner in the joint was worn out and torn so they replaced it with a new one and then they also adjusted the length to shorten up that leg a bit as well. My Mom was walking around the next day and within 3 days of coming home had stopped using her walker completely because she said it was getting in her way and slowing her down! WOW!! She said the pain in her hip was minimal but the real pain was on her shoulder where she broken her collar bone. The hospital prescribed pain killers but after 3 days she stopped taking them because she felt better without them. Now 3 weeks after the surgery she is walking around as if nothing had happened. Her shoulder is healing well and her hip is better than before and much more stable after adjusting the length. We just saw Dr. Rasmussen for a follow up and she was so warm and caring and happy to see how well my mother was recuperating. My mom seems to be doing better than she was before the fall. Can't say enough about how happy and thankful we all are that we had Dr. Rasmussen as our surgeon . Thank You - Thank You - Thank You!!!!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

Dr. Rasmussen is simply amazing! Love her hugs! I went to her for a second opinion cause I was experiencing lots of pain from prior hip surgeries and was receiving no help or answers from the previous doctor .. But thankfully on my first visit with Dr. Rasmussen she only seen me for a few minutes and she had an idea of what was wrong .. after getting a bone scan done it came back that my hip never healed from any of the surgeries .. She was spot on with her diagnosis .. After being informed of my situation she got me in right away for a total hip replacement surgery .. Which was super wonderful cause I was in so much pain! I was also super freaked out at first cause I am only 26 and I had already under gone two unsuccessful hip surgeries before! But she and her nurses answered any questions I had which was a big deal to me cause I was very scared and unsure about everything! I even did research on her which brought me here and reading some of the posts I felt that she was the doctor for me! After the surgery when I finally came to .. The first thing I noticed was I wasn't in as much pain as before .. The only pain I felt was the soreness from the incision .. I also noticed my legs were even again which was a big deal to me! I was and still am amazed at how much I can do already now that I am fixed! All I can say is she is amazing at what she does!! And I feel like my old self again! Its all thanks to her and her team! I recommend her 100% if anyone is in need of help!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I love this Doctor. Number 1. She wasn't my 1st choice,but I can say now,she's my only choice. Initially,I was seeing another Doctor,whose name I'll not mention. He pretty much lets say messed with me for two months. From April 25th,to May 5th of 2015. I was referred to another Doctor ,not by my choice,but decided I was going to try with Dr.Rasmussen. Little did I know,this woman is extremely busy.I was actually turned down,and told the next appointment wasn't available till 2 weeks. I literally begged to see her,and asked if I could sit in her office and take a chance if someone should "no show". Guess what happens after is a miracle.she was able to squeeze me in within an hour. I had come with my "MRI" and she was amazed that I had been going on for this length of time in these conditions. I'm an athlete. And my conditioning and health are lets say excellent. With that said,she tells me,"it's not a matter of if I want to operate,but when do I want to operate. I was totally overwhelmed. I kiddingly said,"I'm busy tomorrow,but let's do it the following day" Her response was,"I can't,but I can do it on Friday ". I was shocked at the quickness of my being seen,etc.and because of my prior race commitments had set up a June 1st 2015 surgery appointment. The rest is pretty much "History " I recovered completely by July 4th, entered an OC-1 race,came in 2nd in my division (I'm 58) and within another month(August 8th,participated in the Na Pali 6 man race. We came in 3rd overall,and first in our division (40-49 division). If it weren't for this woman,Dr. Rasmussen,I doubt very much I would be writing these kind of remarks online. In fact, I scheduled by other side,to be done 2yrs. From now on my Bday,and she has me penciled in. I say this,and I tell everyone who asks,check her out. For 3months ,I was in pain.On a scale of 1 to 10, easily an 8 or better. After surgery. Gone!!!! The only pain,or soreness was from the incisions . If I had missed out on saying what kind of surgery I had. Total hip replacement. And I'm gonna have the other 1 on my Bday,12/29/2017. That's what I want for my 61st Bday present. It helps in being healthy,in shape,and physically in good physical health. But it also helps in having an Excellent Physician like Dr. Rasmussen. Much Mahalo's to her,and her staff.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

I was quickly given an appt for a second opinion consult. After waiting for well over an hour :-( (my only less-than-5-stars) to be seen, Dr Rasmussen agreed that my decrepit knee needed replacement. Two weeks later, she did it. It took her 48 minutes! My other knee repl. surgery took 5 hours. I can't imagine why. I was home after 48 hours and in PT the next day. I can hardly believe how excellent the staff was, the calmness of pre-surgery prep, the skill of everyone, the swiftness of the surgery and the excellent recovery I've experienced this time. Dr. Rasmussen gives talks, which I would suggest anyone planning to either get a hip or knee replaced, or doctors, nurses and PT people go. She is innovative, brilliant, and incredibly understanding and supportive. She got two hugs for me at my 6 wk follow up: one for the great surgery and one for being sensitive to my specific needs re. pain management. I could not be happier. I regret not having had her for the other knee surgery. THANK YOU!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Dr. Linda J. Rasmussen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Linda was the best doctor, I am able to ride my quad, run, bend over and wash my dogs, before I was unable to wash them because I was unable to straighten m..."

February 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 43 with osteoarthritis that has crept quickly on life due to wear and tear, and multiple injuries that I have endured as a youth doing every sport I can ge..."

January 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 55 yrs old female that had two very bad, "bone on bone" knees. I couldn't even go to the grocery store without severe pain. The shots were not helping. B..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best Doctor I found to help me with my oesteoarthritis. I'm 47 years old and other doctors said I was too young for for total knee surgery. Dr. Rasmussen didn't..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My name is Caroline and Dr. Rasmussen is not only an excellent doctor she helped fix my knee when the first one done in June 18 2013 failed my doctor at the tim..."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Linda is one of the finest physicians that I have ever been treated by in my 63 years. She did two full knee transplants three weeks apart on me and had me r..."

October 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My 82 year old mother fell and dislocated her right (artificial) hip and broke her right collar bone at the same time. The pain was excruciating for her and an..."

August 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rasmussen is simply amazing! Love her hugs! I went to her for a second opinion cause I was experiencing lots of pain from prior hip surgeries and was recei..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love this Doctor. Number 1. She wasn't my 1st choice,but I can say now,she's my only choice. Initially,I was seeing another Doctor,whose name I'll not mention..."

August 26, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I was quickly given an appt for a second opinion consult. After waiting for well over an hour :-( (my only less-than-5-stars) to be seen, Dr Rasmussen agreed ..."

August 13, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Amazing surgeon. I have had a total knee replacement and hip. Dr. uses the same group each time and they work quickly and efficiently. Top ratings. One more s..."

July 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rasmussen and her staff were great! Well rounded staff that will lead you to a quick recovery."

July 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rasmussen is an amazing surgeon and an incredible person. I am so impressed and amazed by the great care that I received as her patient for two scary surger..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am now a part of Dr Linda's Maui Cult. We have a lot more difficulty being off island, however Dr Linda was always available for all questions and calls, well..."

June 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great Doc and great Surgeon, my surgery went perfect. Had a partial knee replacement done and I have other health issues – x3 prior back surgeries (by other Doc..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent doctor and very knowledgeable in her specialty. Has great Aloha for her patients! Great patient experience. "

May 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The gold standard of knee replacement surgeons!! Don't use anyone else. She's fast, efficient and you will heal faster."

May 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If I knew there was an excellent surgeon like Dr. Rasmussen I would have had both my hips and my knee replaced a lot sooner and not spend all those years with m..."

March 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 68 years old lady that could barely handle walking because of severe knee pains. I knew I had to have surgery but kept postponing it. My friend, who is a..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm an 85 year old female who had suffered with hip, knee and back related pain for several years. I got a referral to Dr. Rasmussen for review of my situation..."

February 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 61 year old male. I'm a big guy. I was nervous about having a knee replaced but 3 1/2 weeks later I am amazed how much mobility I have with very little..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have suffered with a bad knee going on 35 years..had a partial knee replacement on October 2014..three months later, I am back to doing things I haven't done ..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great experience!! Second knee replacement, never used walker or crutches. Operated Fri. back to work Tues. Miracle!!"

January 30, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "My last two appt, I waited 2 hrs then today 1.5 hrs then left without ever getting to see dr Rasmussen. Every seat in the waiting room was taken so I had to st..."

January 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "O a'u o Oliana Sagapolutele Eseroma ou te fa'afetai ilea atua ua oe maua inale malosi fou fa'afetai ia Lind Ramussen le foma'i na ou taoto ai io'u tulivae e lua..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had total knee replacement on both knees fifteen years ago. When I experienced some pain of left knee after an indirect fall (not to knees) I automatically ma..."

December 12, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Rasmussen was recommended to me by my personal physician (dr shimizu...also a great doc). she replaced my hip in an operation that was complicated by my prev..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am terrified of doctors and almost never go unless it's an emergency. This was an emergency. Dr. Rasmussen and her staff were so amazing and made me feel so c..."

October 7, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=2403173'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 6, 2014