You may also like

Rate Dr. Linda J. Rasmussen

Dr. Linda J. Rasmussen's Ratings

My 82 year old mother fell and dislocated her right (artificial) hip and broke her right collar bone at the same time. The pain was excruciating for her and any movement made her steam out. Once she was at Castle they took X-rays and tried to reset the hip into position. The doctor on site had trouble so they called up another Doctor who works at Windward Orthopedic in the same office to assist but no luck - the hip would not go back in. The next day Dr. Rasmussen came in and explained that there may be something wrong with the artificial hip and that they would need to do surgery. I explained that ever since she got the hip replacement -that leg was quite a bit longer than the other one and had given her problems with balance and back pain ever since. I left to go to work as they prepped her for surgery and asked Dr Rasmussen if she could give me a call to keep me up to date. About an hour and a half later she called me and explained how well the surgery went- they found that the liner in the joint was worn out and torn so they replaced it with a new one and then they also adjusted the length to shorten up that leg a bit as well. My Mom was walking around the next day and within 3 days of coming home had stopped using her walker completely because she said it was getting in her way and slowing her down! WOW!! She said the pain in her hip was minimal but the real pain was on her shoulder where she broken her collar bone. The hospital prescribed pain killers but after 3 days she stopped taking them because she felt better without them. Now 3 weeks after the surgery she is walking around as if nothing had happened. Her shoulder is healing well and her hip is better than before and much more stable after adjusting the length. We just saw Dr. Rasmussen for a follow up and she was so warm and caring and happy to see how well my mother was recuperating. My mom seems to be doing better than she was before the fall. Can't say enough about how happy and thankful we all are that we had Dr. Rasmussen as our surgeon . Thank You - Thank You - Thank You!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2907884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2015

Dr. Rasmussen is simply amazing! Love her hugs! I went to her for a second opinion cause I was experiencing lots of pain from prior hip surgeries and was receiving no help or answers from the previous doctor .. But thankfully on my first visit with Dr. Rasmussen she only seen me for a few minutes and she had an idea of what was wrong .. after getting a bone scan done it came back that my hip never healed from any of the surgeries .. She was spot on with her diagnosis .. After being informed of my situation she got me in right away for a total hip replacement surgery .. Which was super wonderful cause I was in so much pain! I was also super freaked out at first cause I am only 26 and I had already under gone two unsuccessful hip surgeries before! But she and her nurses answered any questions I had which was a big deal to me cause I was very scared and unsure about everything! I even did research on her which brought me here and reading some of the posts I felt that she was the doctor for me! After the surgery when I finally came to .. The first thing I noticed was I wasn't in as much pain as before .. The only pain I felt was the soreness from the incision .. I also noticed my legs were even again which was a big deal to me! I was and still am amazed at how much I can do already now that I am fixed! All I can say is she is amazing at what she does!! And I feel like my old self again! Its all thanks to her and her team! I recommend her 100% if anyone is in need of help!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2907785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2015

I love this Doctor. Number 1. She wasn't my 1st choice,but I can say now,she's my only choice. Initially,I was seeing another Doctor,whose name I'll not mention. He pretty much lets say messed with me for two months. From April 25th,to May 5th of 2015. I was referred to another Doctor ,not by my choice,but decided I was going to try with Dr.Rasmussen. Little did I know,this woman is extremely busy.I was actually turned down,and told the next appointment wasn't available till 2 weeks. I literally begged to see her,and asked if I could sit in her office and take a chance if someone should "no show". Guess what happens after is a miracle.she was able to squeeze me in within an hour. I had come with my "MRI" and she was amazed that I had been going on for this length of time in these conditions. I'm an athlete. And my conditioning and health are lets say excellent. With that said,she tells me,"it's not a matter of if I want to operate,but when do I want to operate. I was totally overwhelmed. I kiddingly said,"I'm busy tomorrow,but let's do it the following day" Her response was,"I can't,but I can do it on Friday ". I was shocked at the quickness of my being seen,etc.and because of my prior race commitments had set up a June 1st 2015 surgery appointment. The rest is pretty much "History " I recovered completely by July 4th, entered an OC-1 race,came in 2nd in my division (I'm 58) and within another month(August 8th,participated in the Na Pali 6 man race. We came in 3rd overall,and first in our division (40-49 division). If it weren't for this woman,Dr. Rasmussen,I doubt very much I would be writing these kind of remarks online. In fact, I scheduled by other side,to be done 2yrs. From now on my Bday,and she has me penciled in. I say this,and I tell everyone who asks,check her out. For 3months ,I was in pain.On a scale of 1 to 10, easily an 8 or better. After surgery. Gone!!!! The only pain,or soreness was from the incisions . If I had missed out on saying what kind of surgery I had. Total hip replacement. And I'm gonna have the other 1 on my Bday,12/29/2017. That's what I want for my 61st Bday present. It helps in being healthy,in shape,and physically in good physical health. But it also helps in having an Excellent Physician like Dr. Rasmussen. Much Mahalo's to her,and her staff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2905732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2015

I was quickly given an appt for a second opinion consult. After waiting for well over an hour :-( (my only less-than-5-stars) to be seen, Dr Rasmussen agreed that my decrepit knee needed replacement.
Two weeks later, she did it. It took her 48 minutes! My other knee repl. surgery took 5 hours. I can't imagine why.
I was home after 48 hours and in PT the next day.
I can hardly believe how excellent the staff was, the calmness of pre-surgery prep, the skill of everyone, the swiftness of the surgery and the excellent recovery I've experienced this time. Dr. Rasmussen gives talks, which I would suggest anyone planning to either get a hip or knee replaced, or doctors, nurses and PT people go. She is innovative, brilliant, and incredibly understanding and supportive.
She got two hugs for me at my 6 wk follow up: one for the great surgery and one for being sensitive to my specific needs re. pain management. I could not be happier. I regret not having had her for the other knee surgery. THANK YOU!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2893777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2015

Amazing surgeon. I have had a total knee replacement and hip. Dr. uses the same group each time and they work quickly and efficiently. Top ratings. One more surgery coming up. Always followed up with a hug. Thank you Dr.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2882208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Dr. Rasmussen and her staff were great! Well rounded staff that will lead you to a quick recovery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2856067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

Dr. Rasmussen is an amazing surgeon and an incredible person. I am so impressed and amazed by the great care that I received as her patient for two scary surgeries.
Most recently, I underwent a knee revision complicated by a broken femur… having broken my leg on the morning I was scheduled for surgery. I was very scared, wondering how awful and complicated everything would be, like multiple surgeries or what not. I mean, I had been rushed to the hospital in an ambulance and was waiting, wracked with pain and anxiety, in the emergency room! Dr. Rasmussen came in and immediately melted my fears with her confidence and compassion. By the time I came out of the lengthy surgery, It was ten at night, and Dr. Rasmussen had been in surgery for maybe fourteen hours, and she still managed to be kind and genuine.
Her bedside manner is comforting and professional. She is truly a remarkable surgeon.
Thank you so much to Dr. Rasmussen and her remarkable staff. Eloisa Armstrong

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2845672].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I am now a part of Dr Linda's Maui Cult. We have a lot more difficulty being off island, however Dr Linda was always available for all questions and calls, well worth her surgical experience to make the trip over. She has a Great team of Nurses and office staff, they are all very thorough and helpful. She has a great surgical team at Castle hospital. My stay at Castle was the best hospital experience I have ever had ! It was clean, quiet and comforting, even the food was healthy and great. Thank You Dr Linda ! Continuing to heal the world one by one individually, with care, compassion, and Excellence, A 5 star Surgeon !

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2829942].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Great Doc and great Surgeon, my surgery went perfect. Had a partial knee replacement done and I have other health issues – x3 prior back surgeries (by other Docs) & have “drop foot” as a result of the back issues. Even with these issues I had no problem the partial knee replacement on the same leg as the “drop foot”. Been out x1 month and I am ready to go back to work. I work night shift at a major hospital and run the supply department on night shift solo. Dr. Rasmussen is a great Doc and I highly recommend her to anyone with arthritis in the knee, I am also 50+ yrs old.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2819820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Excellent doctor and very knowledgeable in her specialty. Has great Aloha for her patients! Great patient experience.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2816488].votes_count ]]