Ratings for Dr. Duy-Thu P. Martin

Love her and her staff. Everyone there is caring and knowledgeable and make you feel welcome and comfortable. Her office environment is comforting and inviting as well. Dr. Martin is an extremely good Dr. she delivered my first child and now is going to deliver my second. I would recommend her to everyone.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Dr. Martin and her support staff very professional, good listeners, and were thorough. Would highly recommend this practice for Ob-Gyn care.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Dr. Martin's office is the best. I don't have to worry about which doctor I am going to see or staff member, it is always the same. Because of this, the staff gets to know you personally and are able to provide better care. Being a first time mom, I thought I would be clueless the entire pregnancy. Dr. Martin explains everything and keeps you up on what we are doing, as well as what to expect next. I couldn't be more happy with my experience at Dr. Matin's office.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

My wife and I are having our first child. We looked over several doctors and decided on Dr. Duy-Thy Martin because of the overwhelming number of positive reviews on social media, medical review pages, etc. After our first, and last visit, I am convinced that these reviews were not written by her hundreds of grateful patients but rather the efforts of her receptionist who I imagine spends countless hours building false expectations to help keep his poor excuse for a medical office afloat. They have horrible organization, bad time management, and a complete disregard for patient experience. Today was our 8 week checked up we were so excited to see out baby. Our appointment was at 8:45 AM EST and we arrived at Dr.Martin's office a little early. The receptionist hands my wife some paper work to fill out and this should have been the first sign that we were in the wrong place. The documents she was ask to complete were photocopies of an original that had been splattered with toner and was hardly legible. We wanted to make sure we weren't being too critical so we stayed. Now 8:45 AM rolls around and we hear the receptionist state the doctor doesn't arrive until 9:00 AM. Still we wait hoping they were just planning for people who tend to be inconsiderate of the doctors time. Another patient walks in at 9:00 AM followed by Dr. Martin and then salesman. Dr. Martin attends to these two individuals who arrived after us before someone in blue jeans and a tee shirt puts us into our room. I'm not sure of her role in the office because she only stated, "the nurse is late so I normally don't do this." (Well that is comforting). At this point we are over this visit, but we want to see our little one so bad so we wait. We finally get to meet Dr. Martin and she seems nice enough. She asks about how far along we are, what type of vitamin my wife is taking, and explains what will happen in our visit. During this explanation she tells us that the state of TN requires a blood test, no big deal because we don't do drug, and that they lab they use will bill us but to ignore they will and they bill stop sending them after 3 bills (sounds a little fish right). Still we continue to talk to her and finally we are about to start our exam when we hear a knock on the door. This interruption was Dr. Martin's receptionist informing her she is needed in delivery. Now we understand this type of thing can't be planned, but Dr. Martin never offered to reschedule. She expected us to wait until she is finished with delivery. Well needless to say, this was the end of us. My wife gets off the table and starts getting dress while I'm calling another OBGYN office for an appointment. Unexpectedly the receptionist barges in the door without knocking while my wife is standing there naked. Does she say sorry, or oh my, or even shut the door.....NO! She wants us to come down the hall for blood work. I'm furious at this point. We walk out of our exam room, and I stopped by the receptionist to ensure we will not be billed for this horrendous experience to which she replies, "I don't know what she will do." Even with us leaving she tries to had us an appointment card so I explain that we will never be back to this office. She sarcastically replies "OK HAVE A GREAT DAY!: while tearing the appointment card in half. In all we spent over an hour at this over and never got an exam of any kind. My wife got undressed and then re-dressed. I would never recommend anyone to this office and will proactively turn people away from Dr. Martin. I am aware Tennova is a big name in Tennessee medical care, but I can't believe they would allow someone so unprofessional to represent their brand of health care.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Unethical. They will force unnecessary tests on you, misquote the price, and insult you when you ask about it. We will be submitting formal complaints to all possible regulatory bodies.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Never ever go here. They only want money. I told her I was there for a second opinion and she ignored all of the symptoms that I had and said she'd rather not even bother with tests if I had been tested before for the issue. Then I said I needed to have a procedure and she scheduled the procedure and the day of the appointment I sat in the waiting room for 1 hour and 35 minutes. I was told I needed to return for another appointment for my results. I sat in the waiting room for 40 minutes for her to tell me that my results were fine. Each appointment, Dr. Martin asked multiple times about my insurance and I also overheard her asking the receptionist about the patient in line in front of me. This is the worst doctor I've ever been to. After I posted this same review on their website, they deactivated my account. This is why their website has mostly good feedback.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

To be honest, this is the worst experience I have ever encountered in my history of medical care and more specifically, Obstetrics care. This physician lacks regard for "bedside manners", lacks ethical or moral regard for physician to patient communication on a personal OR professional level in which the patient (Myself) feels unable to confide confidently and/or comfortably in her professional opinions. I would describe my overall experience with Dr. Martin as bordering Moral Turpitude, on her behalf as an acting health care provider. This physician offers biased opinionated attacks under the guise of medical opinion or fact. I do not feel that my health care needs are met nor do I feel that my concerns are addressed. My requests have been denied in a defensive disposition by Dr. Martin. This physician fails to maintain a positive demeanor or relationship with her patient in which the patient feels harassed; specifically on personal effects (i.e, weight, prior medical care, personal care, disagreements with the said physician on test results). Dr. Martin has also failed to disclose pertinent information regarding a test result conducted four months prior to the current date in which the results are a health risk to the patient (Myself) if undisclosed and/or left untreated. I do not feel comfortable requesting information, confiding in opinions on medical procedures or the level of care provided to myself and my unborn child. So much that I am currently seeking another provider. Dr. Martin will not be delivering my unborn son and I fully intend on filing a formal grievance. Suggestions: In the future, Dr. Martin might do better to practice compassion, disconnection from emotions and medical facts in a demanding, ethical position such as the one she currently holds where it has no place and understand that there is a fine line between disregard for emotional response and harassment. She has crossed all of these lines in my personal physician to patient encounters with her.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Dr. Martin and her staff are very helpful and treat professionally.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2014

First, I love her admin, she is sweet, but Martin is always in a rush, never takes the time with each patient, made my fiancé feel very uncomfortable. when I decided to switch doctors it was a pain she didn't want me to switch. I will say I believe she saved this pregnancy because she did test others normally wouldn't do.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

I was very unhappy with this OB doctor. This was my first baby. I felt like I was rushed in and out at every visit. I felt like my care was neglected and I was really never informed of what was going on with my pregnancy. I decided to change Dr's I was extremely with my new Dr and what a differnce.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

Dr. Duy-Thu P. Martin's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1999)