Ratings for Dr. Matthew J. Zirwas

Not sure if he is really a doctor. Poor service, poor care.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Reason for visit was to determine if my dermatitis is due to an allergy. The office required me to collect a huge list of items to bring to the appointment (e.g., shoes, socks, lotions, shampoo, prescriptions, etc.) I was to bring anything I had used or worn on my skin in the last six months. It took awhile to collect. I brought a big shopping bag to the appointment. During the appointment the doctor stated several times he suspected a contact allergy. To my surprise he did not look at or take anything in my bag except for the lotion I was currently using. They did an allergy scratch test that he said would cover anything that might cause the rash. It turned out I did not react to the scratch test. The diagnosis was "contact dermatitis and other eczema, due to unspecified cause." Basically, no information and no treatment. I was devastated. I have no confidence at all in the diagnosis. The doctor should have taken and analyzed the items he asked me to bring to the office.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

Dr. Matthew J. Zirwas's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

HealthPartners