Ratings for Dr. Miriam S. Bettencourt

I have been a patient of Dr. Bettencourt for years. She is very competent, takes time to explain things, and the MOHS surgeries she has done on me have turned out well. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

Dr. Bettencourt has been caring for my husband and I for quite a while. She was able to quickly diagnose my husbands issue when other doctors could not. The treatment plan she established controlled the issue immediately. In addition she has seen to both of our various concerns with incredible care and concern. Her knowledge, expertise and personality make us feel lucky to have finally found her. Would recommend Dr. Bettencourt, and already have to family and friends.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr. Bettencourt is, hands down, the best dermatologist in the city. I have seen her for everything from rashes to mole checks (which I think everyone with our sun should have). She is brilliant, and can literally diagnose you with a glance. She is also a Mohs surgeon, which means that she has the highest training that exists for skin cancer. She has removed precancerous moles for me with minimal scarring. My daughters have seen her for acne, which completely cleared up under her treatment. Moreover, she is kind and caring and takes as much time with you as you need. Her office is well-run, and her staff is pleasant and professional. Dr. Bettencourt is the best!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Dr. Bettencourt has probably saved my life from skin cancer several times. Excellent knowledge of taking care of skin problems and surgery.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Dr. Bettencourt is very knowledgeable in her field. She has the best bedside manner. As a patient of hers for the last 3 years I have always been treated like a friend. She always showed genuine concern for her patient's problem. As a retired general surgeon of 30+ years' private practice, I fully understand that COMPASSION is the most important quality besides medical knowledge and skill that makes a fine HEALER. Dr. Bettencourt is also active in helping to educate the general public in her field. I consider it my honor to be her patient and friend. H. K. Poon, MD, FACS

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Excellent dermatologist. Not only care and compassion, but very experienced and highly competent. Found a pre-cancerous mole for me that another doctor never caught and sent me off for a year saying no problems. I am fortunate to have Dr. Bettencourt as my dermatologist.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

She always spends plenty of time to me to check me out and follow up. Great to work with.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Dr. Bettencourt has an excellent bedside manner. She is Duke trained and an expert at her craft. Be sure to thoroughly explain the purpose for your visit to her nurse so she can zero in on your issues immediately. She has always been a leader in choosing the best skincare products and is highly knowledgeable in addressing all of my skin related concerns. On more than one occasion she identified and removed pre cancerous spots. If you ever went to a tanning salon or regularly baked your skin in the sun, make an appointment today. I've done the research, no one has an eye for irregular moles like Dr. Bettencourt.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

I've had skin cancer twice, and both times, Dr. Bettencourt saw it in seconds, confirmed the diagnosis with 100% accuracy, and then dispatched it with unparalleled skill and with minimal scarring. I could not be more pleased with the result. I have numerous professional friends, many of whom are physicians, so I asked around for a referral. They all recommended Dr. Bettencourt as the best in town. In my view, they were right. I recommend her to all.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

I have had several cancerous moles removed by Dr. Bettencourt. Several would never have hit my radar but she had a concern after a full body review. She is extremely knowledgeable in her field. Her answers to questions are easy to understand and are founded upon the concern and well being of the patient. I have been a patient for over eight years and have never been disappointed. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr. Miriam S. Bettencourt's Credentials

• Univ De Sao Paulo, Fac De Med, Sao Paulo, Sp, Brazil (Grad. 1989)

Healthnet