Ratings for Dr. Karen A. Mullins

She was extremely rude from the very beginning, to the point where I was nearly in tears. She immediately walked in and said "I don't know why you are here" and began chastising me for coming. I assumed she was having a bad day so I stayed composed, but she kept questioning me in an antagonizing manner, and treated me like I was an idiot. I was supposed to go back for a follow-up but I will be cancelling that appointment. Folks, if you can, choose another neurologist.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

They should let you rate her by personality. I would give negative stars on that. Was very rude from the moment she starter speaking to me. I politely let her know this and she got a bit better. I Should have walked out. Im sure she is very a knowledgeable and intelligent person but needs to work on being a nice person.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

When I arrived I was informed by her " I dont know why your are here" (i had a neurological espidode and ended up in the hospital because my roommate thought I was having a stroke) then when I referred to her as karen mullins rather than dr. Karen mullins I was chastised like a child and she told me I was rude and she would NEVER do that to me then she read me test results in a fashion that she knew I wouldn't understand. She made me feel as though I had waste d her precious time and couldn't hold it back anymore and was actually in tears while I was checking out. I left a message with the office manager to discuss how I was treated iv yet to hear back.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I spent two years under Dr. Mullins' care. During that time my migraine frequency and medication use increased. My concern over the amount of migraine pills I was taking was dismissed by the doctor. Rebound headaches due to medication overuse were never addressed. I went to a DO in an attempt to find the cause and reduce the frequency of migraines. I ended up getting into a situation of tryptan overuse and rebound headaches. I asked about doing a migraine elimination diet. This was also dismissed. Since removing myself from her care I have started a migraine elimination diet and stopped tryptan use. My migraines have gone from 3 a week to one every two weeks.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2014

On both of our visits Dr Mullins was EXTREMELY rude to us. She made it quite clear we were taking up too much of her time and we needed to leave. When we asked questions, she treated us like children and talked down to us. When I mentioned paperwork we needed for short term disability, she literaly rolled her eyes at us. It was quite clear she in no way wanted to help us and we were wasting her time. Finally, after one visit she told us it was definitely NOT MS,and even boasted how she consulted with their MS specialist who said it clearly is not. However, after we finally go an appointment with Knoxville's leading MS specialist, Dr Wray said it was a clear cut case of MS and didnt understand why other doctors had problems diagnosing it as such. Dr Mullins clearly does not care about her patients and would prefer to be elsewhere. Add to it that she cant do proper diagnosis, and I would HIGHLY recommend staying away from her.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

I have never been treated so rudely in my life (by both staff and Doctor). If you feel bad when you go in this office you will feel worse when you leave, unless you are a glutton for punishment. I did not get an answer to my question and was treated as if I were being a bother. My symptoms were sudden vision loss and loss of feeling in limb, scary. Find another doctor, I did.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2012

Extremely disappointed with my experience. Nurse is rude, unprofessional, and pompous. Doctor seems more interested in finding an easy diagnosis that covers 10% of the symptoms than in searching for a comprehensive diagnosis that answers all of the symptoms.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

Dr. Karen A. Mullins's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1994)