Ratings for Dr. David A. Calef

Huge waste of time you wait hours for him ,due t the fact he over books and when you do talk to him he could really care less. Was feeling very depressed and he told me to get a boyfriend . He also shared that his own life was awful and was joining a dating site to find a wife . Very inappropriate . Look onward for another PCP.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

I contacted Dr. Calef's office on 10/09/15 for my mother whose 98. I was informed that the doctor would return my call on 10/13 or 10/14. It is now 10/22 and I have yet to have my telephone call returned. Seriously! In the interim I have decided to find another doctor for my mother.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

Doesn't seem at all interested in his patients and finding the help they need

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Horrendous staff - really poor communication. Just awful, really! :(

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Dr is not very available, is rude and seems to have no patience with people who are sick

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Dr. David Calef has been my doctor for almost 20 years. The doctor and his staff are kind and always have an ear for listening. When you are not feeling well, they try to get you in to see the doctor right away, whether it's in Melrose or Wakefield.Many times when I've been sick, he saw me within a matter of hours, even though he was very busy, so that I could get started on medication right away. The best practitioner I have ever encounted.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

Dr. Calef was our family doctor when my first child was born. Having him as my doctor through pregnancy and delivery was the best experience. His calm demeanor helped me to enjoy and not stress over my pregnancy. Now, he cares for my elderly mother with the same compassion and kindness. His staff has handled the extra demands that are required with Alzheimers and everyone has been extremely helpful. Can't recomend Dr. Calef strongly enough.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2006

They wanted to put me on a cholestrol medication, however would not give me the perscription for it. I called 4 times, speaking to multiple people, including the doctor himself and still was not able to get the perscription called into the pharmacy.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2006

Dr. David A. Calef's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Top Hospitals in Melrose, MA