Ratings for Dr. Paul H. Wright

I was referred to Dr Wright to help determine why I had labored breathing. I was to have an endoscopy to see if I had a hiatal hernia. Inexplicably he digitally examined my prostate. But the worst was that on my next visit he had the nurse take me to a private room to interrogate me. She said the doctor needed to know whether I had ever had sexual relations with a man. I was a priest and in my collar at the time. I was embarrassed, aghast, and humiliated. This was not medically necessary. Totally unprofessional.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Very dissatisfied with Dr. Paul H. Wright. After waiting an hour in a room to see him the pain had gotten so bad I was double over, nauseated, and crying. He came in sat at the computer asked me the exact same questions that were on the forms I filled out and that his assistant had already asked me. He saw that I was hurting and crying but didn’t inquire once about it. Acted like he didn’t even notice how bad I was hurting! He then had me lay back and poked on my tummy a couple of times and said ‘follow me’. Again, the pain at this point was almost unbearable, I was actually crying. I thought for sure he was going to send me to the hospital or something. Nope, he sat me at a desk and a woman tells me “Ok, these are the tests he wants to start you to do.” Then she start prattling on about directions to the lab and making phone calls to get me in to on the schedule for the tests. I was in so much pain I had to ask for directions twice because I couldn’t think clearly or she was just rambling too fast. By the following week the pain was so bad I was missing several day of work. I called and left a message for his office about the pain. Never heard back. I ended up in the ER. His office finally called to tell me he had ordered another test. Still hasn’t responded to my calls about the pain. The next test was scheduled and came back ok and I was told if the pain (let me remind you debilitating pain that has caused me to miss almost two weeks of work, family functions, and work functions) persists to come see him in a MONTH! Due to the fact I have missed almost two weeks of work, been to the ER, and had to go back to my PCP to get something to help keep the pain at an almost bearable level until this situation can be resolved and what I feel was a TOTAL lack of urgency or care by Dr. Wright’s request to come see him in a month if my pain persists, I have decided to seek another GI who I feel may be more inclined to take the situation seriously. At no point in my multiple phone calls and/or portal correspondence to his office when my pain is/was at debilitating levels has he made any effort to address the pain that is causing a significant impact to my quality of life and jeopardizing my job. I spoke to his nurse twice with no resolution or calls back with recommendation just messages through the portal about another test he wants me to schedule. This isn’t even counting the two other messages that were never returned by his office when I felt the level or urgency wasn’t being taken seriously via the portal.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

This doctor saved my ex husband's life! He was bleeding internally and by the time he got to hospital, he had very little blood left in his body. I guess opinions are often based upon final results! He was very informative and comforting during a time of stress. Granted, this was many years ago, but the ex is still alive and doing well thanks to Dr. Wright.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

After misleading and misdiagnosing information and tests, I would not recommend this Doctor he has poor bedside manner, and doesn't do follow ups he has his assistant do it all, so if you have a problem and need to talk to him about it good luck! He misdiagnosed me after I was probed for no reason and had so many tests that were not necessary and a stack of bills, I can't even see daylight!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2009

The mesquite office is very unprofessional, and the doctor doesn't know how to communicate.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2009

Dr. Paul H. Wright's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Med Ctr At Dallas, Med Sch, Dallas Tx 75235 (Grad. 1983)

MSP/BC Med