Ratings for Dr. Martha F. Gerteisen

I travel over an hour and a half to see this wonderful doctor! She actually cares about me and my family. She makes you feel like you are her only concern for as long as it takes. I don't know think I've ever waited more than 30 minutes to see her either.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr. Gerteise is an outstanding, caring doctor. However, the staff in the office is terribly inept and rude and uncaring. Their follow through is non existent.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

I really love Dr. Gerteisen, but her staff is absolutely terrible! They are so disorganized and sometimes downright inept. On more than one occasion they have given me an appointment thinking I was someone else and proceeded to divulge information about this person before I stopped them from giving information about some other poor woman's medical condition. The second time it happened, I wanted to ask if anyone in the office had undergone any HIPAA training. Forget getting a prescription. I get anxiety every time I have to call for one. This month, there were no triplicate pads - they were lost during their move in December. Mind you I was able to wring a prescription out of them in January. So I guess they were retroactively lost? There have been times I have sat in the office and traded stories with other patients. Everyone rolling their eyes and saying the same thing - we love Dr. Gerteisen, but her staff needs a serious overhaul.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

I agree, her office Staff is the worst. She is a very good doctor, but did miss a pre cancerous mole. I also have a great GP, Dr. Abdelmelick. I use them both for different issues.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

I had a Doctor in San Antonio that I always considered to be the best I had ever had in my 75 years. One year later I have found Dr. Gerteisen, who is without a doubt her equal, and perhaps even better. I would rate her excellEnt in all categories . Love this doctor. PolYsciman

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

I love Dr. Gerteisen, I think she's the greatest doctor there is! I met her over ten years ago, when she was filling in for another doctor. My daughter had a brain tumor, and we had and appt to see a neurosurgeon months away (mind you Iws taking my son to the doctor, not my daughter). She cared so much about my apt being so far away, that she called the neuro doctor and got me right in. I felt that if she wasn't even nmy doctor, she didn't know my daughter, and she tok the time out to do this for us, she had ro be a very cring person! I fell in love with her then, I changed my whole family over to her, and we have been following her since. I will never forget what she did for me, she is truly a god sent doctor. She cares about you, she listens, and she takes very good care of her patients. I travel from across town for my doctor visits, I will foloow her whereever she goes!! Thank you Dr. Gerteisen, you're the best!!!!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Dr. Gerteisen is amazing! She is kind, helpful, listens, addresses all of your concerns and makes you feel at home. She knows her stuff and makes sure you leave feeling satisfied! Her staff on the other hand seem a little less than knowledgeable, but you're really only wanting to deal with the doc, right? Dr. Gerteisen spends so much time and thought with you, you wonder how she makes time to see all of her patients. :) Love Love Love her!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011

Dr. Gerteisen is great. Very nice to talk to and she makes you feel very comfortable. The staff can be infuriating to deal with. They make me not want to go there but I travel across town because of her.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

A great doctor who is very caring and patience. She makes you feel very comfortable. I live on the other side of city but will continue to travel because she's that good.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

very helpful and considerate.listens very attentively.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2010

Dr. Martha F. Gerteisen's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)