Ratings for Dr. Richard E. Mccarthy

Was so impressed with Dr McCarthy. He was so kind and took a lot of time to explain everything. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Not the best doctor. Would recommend someone else. Harsh on fellow physicians.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

I saw Dr. McCarthy at the beginning of 2012. He advised me to remove my Harrington rod, which I had had in my spine for 32 years. He said if the rod was not removed my back would continue to deteriorate. In May of 2012 He took the Harrington rod out. In October of 2012 he put two titanium rods in my spine with pedicle screws and an interbody fusion. He straightened my back out. However, in the last 6 weeks my back has deteriorated to the point that I cannot walk. Even walking from the living room to other part of the house is extremely painful. I asked the doctor to see me and explained my pain and problems, and his assistant, Donna Neal, told me that Dr. McCarthy thinks you are doing great and there is no need for you to be seen. She got very nasty with me when I told her that I needed to be seen by this doctor. She said from now on, I am not going to be a go-between between you and him. He has tried to reassure you and you won't take no for an answer. Now seeking new doc.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

At first I thought Dr. McCarthy was great, he seemed nice, shared some of my opinions and explained everything fairly well. I had 2 huge surgeries,de-rotating twisted vertabrae in thorasic spine, straightening 2 bad scoliosis curves, put in 15 inch rods. When I returned he was mad I wasn't walking enough. Explained I couldn't, I was leaning forward badly and could not stand up all the way. He ignored this. 4 months after first 2, another surgery for fractured vertabrae, rods extended. Still bent forward, can't stand up completely, can't lay on back or sleep in bed. Brought this up every visit. Ignored. A year ago, surgery #4 to remove extra long screws at base of rods. Finally he somewhat acknowledges my problem. His "theory" I am "leaning" due to pain from the screws. I disagree as screws are a recent problem. He then treats me horribly rest of visit. Never returned, still crippled, wasted 2+ yrs.healing wrong. Need another Dr. to fix this. Think he needs hearing aid & retirement.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

My 16 year old daughter had to have a spina fusion last year. He is uncaring and has a terrible bedside manner for one of the TOP rated Ortho surgeons in the U.S. She still suffers from pain everyday and he acts like she is lying and ignores her complaints. She IS NOT a drug seeker. She has started college a year early and has straight A's. She just wants someone to hear what she has to say!! Act like you care about your patients!!!! We are now looking for a new DR.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Dr. Richard E. Mccarthy's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1974)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Little Rock, AR