Dr. Marc A. Cohen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Marc A. Cohen

Had an operation that didn’t work and he wasn’t very helpful afterwards.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Fantastic Orthopaedic Surgeon. Highly recommended to anyone needing spine surgery

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Thank you so much Dr. Cohen for my surgery. I feel so much better

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

I underwent a 2 level lumbar minimally invasive fusion with dr cohen and i recovered much faster than i expected. He did a great job and im feeling great now. Thank you so much doc. Im thankful i found him

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

I had neck surgery with Dr. Marc Cohen and don't have any pain anymore. Great experience with him and his office

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Spine Institute was the most professional office I have ever been to. Their staff was always professional, nice, patient, and were always very fast to get things done for me. In the beginning they were fast to get me in for an appointment to see Dr. Marc Cohen which is one of the most professional doctors I have ever been to as well. He is a very honest man and I can tell he does right by his patients. I saw him a few times in a span of a year because I was interested in considering surgery since I couldn't take the pain anymore. He wanted me to try other options. I did chiropractic before him, didn't work, he wanted me to try physical therapy, then I tried a couple injections with pain management and although it helped for a little, the pain just kept eventually coming back. You would think that an orthopedic surgeon would just do the surgery to make more money but this man is a great, honest doctor, and tried to help me prevent surgery. I had a minimally invasive surgery with Dr. Cohen and I immediately felt relief and I no longer have that awful pain any longer. I'm way more active now and enjoying my life so much more being able to do things without that pain. If anyone out there is considering surgery, even if it's just for an opinion like I did, believe me go to him; I trust him 100% and am so incredibly happy with my entire experience and outcome.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

I saw him for a second opinion. Was lucky that I did. Previous orthopedic surgeon i saw wanted to do a bigger unnecessary surgery. Dr cohen was able to do minimally invasive surgery instead. I recovered quickly and feel so much better. Pain is no longer there and it is such an amazing relief.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Spine institute really helped me with my neck and back pain and their staff is extraordinary

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Had spine surgery with dr cohen and i would recommend him to anyone considering it

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

DR MARC COHEN SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM A COMPLETELY NEW PERSON DUE TO THIS MAN!!!!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Dr. Marc A. Cohen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Marc A. Cohen, M.D., is a renowned surgeon in conventional spinal procedures and a leader in minimally invasive micro spine surgery and endoscopic laser spine surgery, a revolutionary alternative to traditional fusion procedures. Dr. Cohen performs all spine-related surgeries, turning frequently to minimally invasive procedures when conservative treatment has been exhausted. While there are many practitioners who claim to be experts in minimally invasive laser spine surgery, only to steer patients towards traditional surgery. Dr. Cohen is the “real deal”, having performed over 1,000 laser procedures. His “super specialist” status has drawn patients from around the country, and he currently is a top spine surgeon in New Jersey using lasers to treat complex spinal injuries and conditions. He consistently has achieved excellent results over the past 20 years, and performed hundreds of laser surgeries since incorporating the technique into his practice. His experience as a surgeon, combined with his passion and caring as a medical doctor, is likely why so many of Dr. Cohen’s patients are grateful of his work. To complement his comprehensive training in the surgical treatment of spinal disorders, Dr. Cohen studied abroad with the pioneers of minimally invasive spinal procedures and laser spine surgery. He continues to augment his knowledge base and seek newer, more advanced methods to provide his patients with safer, more reliable, and more affordable options. His efforts have enabled him to greatly enhance his surgical abilities and decision-making and provide a higher level of individualized care. Dr. Cohen is a lifelong learner who constantly seeks new knowledge and strives to offer the latest and greatest procedures at his practice. Board certified in spinal surgery, Dr. Cohen is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American College of Spine Surgery, a diplomate of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American Board of Spine Surgery, and a member of many professional organizations. He is affiliated with Morristown Memorial Hospital and Saint Clare’s Riverside Medical Center. Dr. Cohen attended Emory University in Georgia and then received his medical degree from The Chicago Medical School. He completed an internship and residency at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and a spine fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery, Cornell Medical Center and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.

• English
  • Spanish

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1981)
  • Emory University