Dr. Marc A. Cohen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Marc A. Cohen

I cannot say enough great things about dr cohen i was in a lot of pain for many years and did not want to have surgery but after so many years of dealing with the pain I could not take it anymore. I was so scared to have surgery all these years but I wish I had met dr cohen earlier and I wish I did the surgery years ago. I cannot express the relief I felt after surgery. If I knew I would have felt this relief a long time ago I would have done it so fast. Thank you so so so so so much dr cohen.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2019

Dr Cohen is an excellent dr along with his staff. They are very compassionate with exceptional customer service skill. They always go the extra mile to satisfy the patient. While in the hospital, I call Dr Cohen & he returned my call promptly. In addition, Dr. Cohen kept my spirits up before surgery by making me laugh & smile. I would highly recommend him for spinal injuries.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2019

What an amazing surgeon Dr Cohen is. He really put his heart into my back operation and I can’t thank him enough for the great work he did on my back. The relief I feel after this surgery is such a blessing and I thank god for Dr. Cohen every single day.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2019

Dr. Cohen and his staff are fantastic. From the first visit to the surgery to the follow up Dr. Cohen and his staff are great.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2019

The doctor and staff are very professional, compassionate, and make you feel safe and well taken care of. You'll be in good hands.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2019

dr cohen is one of the best doctors I have ever had the privilege of being treated by. he is so compassionate, no BS, took his time with me, did a great surgery, followed up with me, made sure I was happy, and I feel amazing after my surgery. I am so happy to no longer feel the agony and pain I was in. I was surprised when he was the one that saw me during the consult but he likes to see patients himself and you do not meet with an assistant, you meet with him personally every time. I saw him during my consult, surgery, he came to check with me personally after my surgery when I woke up, and at my follow up appointment after surgery. so thankful I chose him to do my surgery. he is amazing.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2019

Very clean offices, great staff, and everyone is super nice

flag | Submitted March 7, 2019

Before I came across Dr. Cohen online, I have seen numerous of doctors and was never satisfied with the attentiveness I received. I was disappointed time and time again until I decided to fly out of state from Florida to New Jersey for a consultation with Dr. Cohen in Nov of 2018. His staff was very accommodating and pleasing from making my initial appointment and answering my questions and concerns. Dr. Cohen himself took his time with me, thoroughly explaining the surgical procedure process and what to expect. He made sure that I fully understood everything. I didn't feel rushed and actually felt like my back/neck condition and years of pain finally mattered to a doctor. I definitely recommend him! He estado investigando a los cirujanos que tratan la radiculopatía y los discos herniados durante meses antes de que me topé con el Dr. Cohen. He visto a numerosos médicos antes que él y nunca fui satisfecha con la atención que recibí. Me decepcionó una y otra vez hasta que decidí volar fuera del estado desde la Florida a Nueva Jersey para una consulta con el Dr. Cohen en noviembre del 2018. Su personal era muy servicial y agradable desde el momento que hize mi cita inicial y responder a mis preguntas y preocupaciones. El Dr. Cohen se tomó su tiempo conmigo, explicando a fondo el proceso de la cirugia y qué esperar antes y despues. Se aseguró de que lo entendiera todo. No me sentí apurada y en realidad sentía como mi condición de espalda/cuello y años de dolor finalmente le importo a un médico. Definitivamente lo recomiendo!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2019

Didn’t really get the relief I was expecting. Fusion did not heal and had to be revised by doctor in NYC.

Submitted November 17, 2018

Dr Cohen did surgery on me and my wife and he did such an amazing job. Our quality of life is so much better and it made my daughter's quality of life better as well because she has healthier parents now. I never regret going to Dr. Cohen. 5 stars is not enough for him and a thank you does not suffice. He is GREAT

flag | Submitted October 31, 2018

Dr. Marc A. Cohen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Marc A. Cohen, M.D., is a renowned surgeon in conventional spinal procedures and a leader in minimally invasive micro spine surgery and endoscopic laser spine surgery, a revolutionary alternative to traditional fusion procedures. Dr. Cohen performs all spine-related surgeries, turning frequently to minimally invasive procedures when conservative treatment has been exhausted. While there are many practitioners who claim to be experts in minimally invasive laser spine surgery, only to steer patients towards traditional surgery. Dr. Cohen is the “real deal”, having performed over 1,000 laser procedures. His “super specialist” status has drawn patients from around the country, and he currently is a top spine surgeon in New Jersey using lasers to treat complex spinal injuries and conditions. He consistently has achieved excellent results over the past 20 years, and performed hundreds of laser surgeries since incorporating the technique into his practice. His experience as a surgeon, combined with his passion and caring as a medical doctor, is likely why so many of Dr. Cohen’s patients are grateful of his work. To complement his comprehensive training in the surgical treatment of spinal disorders, Dr. Cohen studied abroad with the pioneers of minimally invasive spinal procedures and laser spine surgery. He continues to augment his knowledge base and seek newer, more advanced methods to provide his patients with safer, more reliable, and more affordable options. His efforts have enabled him to greatly enhance his surgical abilities and decision-making and provide a higher level of individualized care. Dr. Cohen is a lifelong learner who constantly seeks new knowledge and strives to offer the latest and greatest procedures at his practice. Board certified in spinal surgery, Dr. Cohen is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American College of Spine Surgery, a diplomate of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American Board of Spine Surgery, and a member of many professional organizations. He is affiliated with Morristown Memorial Hospital and Saint Clare’s Riverside Medical Center. Dr. Cohen attended Emory University in Georgia and then received his medical degree from The Chicago Medical School. He completed an internship and residency at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and a spine fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery, Cornell Medical Center and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.

• English
  • Spanish

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1981)
  • Emory University