Dr. Marc A. Cohen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Marc A. Cohen

I cannot begin to say enough great things about dr cohen. I went to a few spine surgeons that wanted to do major surgery on my low back and I went for 1 last opinion with dr cohen and be was able to do a minimally invasive surgery and here I am feeling great and recovered a few weeks later. I felt the relief as soon as I woke up from surgery. I dont understand why the other doctors couldn’t do this and wanted to do major surgery. Maybe they are not trained????? If you need surgery trust me go to him for another opinion I am so happy I did

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

Dr Cohen was an all around outstanding surgeon and individual. This is a doctor that you can absolutely trust. He tried everything to avoid having to do surgery on me which is very unlikely of any surgeon I have seen in the past. After all conservative treatments failed to help my nagging back pain, I had a minimally invasive procedure with Dr. Cohen and he followed up with me many times after my surgery to make sure I was recovering well. As soon as I woke up from surgery, I felt a sudden relief that I haven’t felt in many months. I am so grateful I found him. Highly recommend him to anyone with back pain.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

Had a minimally invasive surgery with Dr Cohen and it went very well. Recovery was a lot faster than I thought it would be. Thank you doctor!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

Great spine surgeon- helped me a great deal and I have been feeling pain free ever since

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

Had an operation that didn’t work and he wasn’t very helpful afterwards.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Fantastic Orthopaedic Surgeon. Highly recommended to anyone needing spine surgery

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Thank you so much Dr. Cohen for my surgery. I feel so much better

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

I underwent a 2 level lumbar minimally invasive fusion with dr cohen and i recovered much faster than i expected. He did a great job and im feeling great now. Thank you so much doc. Im thankful i found him

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

I had neck surgery with Dr. Marc Cohen and don't have any pain anymore. Great experience with him and his office

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Spine Institute was the most professional office I have ever been to. Their staff was always professional, nice, patient, and were always very fast to get things done for me. In the beginning they were fast to get me in for an appointment to see Dr. Marc Cohen which is one of the most professional doctors I have ever been to as well. He is a very honest man and I can tell he does right by his patients. I saw him a few times in a span of a year because I was interested in considering surgery since I couldn't take the pain anymore. He wanted me to try other options. I did chiropractic before him, didn't work, he wanted me to try physical therapy, then I tried a couple injections with pain management and although it helped for a little, the pain just kept eventually coming back. You would think that an orthopedic surgeon would just do the surgery to make more money but this man is a great, honest doctor, and tried to help me prevent surgery. I had a minimally invasive surgery with Dr. Cohen and I immediately felt relief and I no longer have that awful pain any longer. I'm way more active now and enjoying my life so much more being able to do things without that pain. If anyone out there is considering surgery, even if it's just for an opinion like I did, believe me go to him; I trust him 100% and am so incredibly happy with my entire experience and outcome.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Dr. Marc A. Cohen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Marc A. Cohen, M.D., is a renowned surgeon in conventional spinal procedures and a leader in minimally invasive micro spine surgery and endoscopic laser spine surgery, a revolutionary alternative to traditional fusion procedures. Dr. Cohen performs all spine-related surgeries, turning frequently to minimally invasive procedures when conservative treatment has been exhausted. While there are many practitioners who claim to be experts in minimally invasive laser spine surgery, only to steer patients towards traditional surgery. Dr. Cohen is the “real deal”, having performed over 1,000 laser procedures. His “super specialist” status has drawn patients from around the country, and he currently is a top spine surgeon in New Jersey using lasers to treat complex spinal injuries and conditions. He consistently has achieved excellent results over the past 20 years, and performed hundreds of laser surgeries since incorporating the technique into his practice. His experience as a surgeon, combined with his passion and caring as a medical doctor, is likely why so many of Dr. Cohen’s patients are grateful of his work. To complement his comprehensive training in the surgical treatment of spinal disorders, Dr. Cohen studied abroad with the pioneers of minimally invasive spinal procedures and laser spine surgery. He continues to augment his knowledge base and seek newer, more advanced methods to provide his patients with safer, more reliable, and more affordable options. His efforts have enabled him to greatly enhance his surgical abilities and decision-making and provide a higher level of individualized care. Dr. Cohen is a lifelong learner who constantly seeks new knowledge and strives to offer the latest and greatest procedures at his practice. Board certified in spinal surgery, Dr. Cohen is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American College of Spine Surgery, a diplomate of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American Board of Spine Surgery, and a member of many professional organizations. He is affiliated with Morristown Memorial Hospital and Saint Clare’s Riverside Medical Center. Dr. Cohen attended Emory University in Georgia and then received his medical degree from The Chicago Medical School. He completed an internship and residency at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and a spine fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery, Cornell Medical Center and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.

• English
  • Spanish

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1981)
  • Emory University