Ratings for Dr. Roy A. McClintock

I've never seen such an amazing and competent obgyn! Yes people, he's blunt and dry, but he will save you and your child's life and help you have a healthy pregnancy. I've had multiple high risk pregnancies with him and would never consider seeing anyone else. If you want a Dr who will bring you roses, hold your hand, and kiss your feet, keep looking. If you want a Dr who will do his best to keep you and baby healthy, and explain things without beating around the bush, he's the Dr for you!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Dr. McClintock was such a shock coming from my previous Doctor. Both were mail obgyn's, so it definitely isn't a "male" issue. I found him to be extremely rough (made me bleed every time) & was very condescending and "above" everyone else. He even had the nerve to sit there and yell at me for a prescription I was taking that another doctor gave me. He yelled & yelled & demand to know the doctor. It wasn't that he cared, he just wanted to feel superior and in charge. He has major aggression and anger management issues. He then proceeded to take my blood pressure in his office meeting with me within maybe 5 minutes of yelling at me. And then wasn't happy that my BP was high. Uh yeah, you just pissed me off... of course it's high. Ugh so thankful I never looked back. I wish I could take those couple of visits of my life back.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Dr. McClintock was the on-call weekend doctor for our emergency trip to the ER for bleeding at 28 weeks. Upon learning his name and prior to his visit, I visited several online rating sites to get any info available. Admittedly, I was quite concerned after reading many poor reviews. However, after his consultation I was completely satisfied with his bedside manner, communication style, medical advice, and sincerity. He put us at ease and even offered to let us stay overnight for additional monitoring becuase of the recent loss of our daughter only a year prior to our ER visit. On this day, he was certainly a blessing for us.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

I experienced this Dr. in the labor and delivery emergency triage. Based on the stories I see here, I see I am lucky he was going off shift at the time. He was rude, short, and barked at me when I asked a simple question, as if I had refused what he was saying. Before meeting him I had asked the nurse if I could have a female staff member do my exam, and was told no. I suspected it was because of this request that he was rude and rough with me, but reading here I see this guy is just an a-hole. I wish there was a weeding out process in medical school to spare patients the physical and emotional abuse of bad doctors! Zero stars, two thumbs down, don't see this guy if you have a choice.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Dr McClintock's staff is very nice. I was thankful that Dr McClintock cared so little about "seeing" his patients that on most visits I got to see the midwife working for him. The midwife, Shane, was wonderful! As was the rest of My clintocks staff and they would be the only reason I do not gibe him a one star rating. Dr. McClintock himself has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever seen in my life. He is rude and uncaring. I had a lump in my breast and was concerned so I made an appointment with him to have it looked at. I left his office in tears. He made me feel stupid for being concerned about the lump in my breast and was very demeaning. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Well I don't even know where to start. Basically thanks to him I lost a whole six months of my life to pain and suffering. I gave birth via c section. While they were stapling me back up I probably groaned a little without curse words and I cooperated fully with him, he told me " it doesn't hurt you we are almost done with you"... ok how rude. After 6 days my c section started oozing pink fluid and I developed a fever. I called him and I came in his office he opened up the wound and sent me home with antibiotics. After two months of packing my wound it finally closed. Shortly after my c section began to severly hurt and I was very afraid as this was my first child and did not know if any of this was normal. He was unhelpful and un compassionate towards me. I hurt to sit lay down. The only way to get relief was to spend the day standing. I honestly felt that something had been left inside of me from the c section. I went to er. Multiple times and they couldn't find anything. After I went to see him he was enraged that I had gone to emergency room making him seem like an incompetent dr. He screamed at me instead of trying to figure out what was causing me so much pain. He made it seem like it was all in my head and even prescribed me medication for depression. I know I was not depressed something was trule wrong with me and here I had a dr unwilling to help me. I cried and cried aND didn't feel like I was getting anywhere with him. My gallbladder had been removed while I was packing my c section as well. It finally clicked in my head to ask the surgeon who took my gallbladder out to help me. Thanks to him I found out I had tons and tons of adhesions which were causing me pain. He removed them and I feel like a new person. Aside from a little that was left in because it was too deep and posed a risk for a hernia if cut out. As of this day I still hurt from that area and know it's not coming out unless I have a new c section. Sadly I had to find relief elsewhere because my ob did not want to help and gave me little or no hope I would be getting better. I just want others to know how he really is and maybe avoid going through a horrible experience like mine. I was literally left traumatized.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

The comments about this Dr being horribly rude and indifferent, yelling at them, saying inappropriately rude comments to them...that IS THE REAL DR ROY MCCLINTOCK. The birth of a child is supposed to be a most special, celebrated event..he ruined my daughters whole pregnancy because is a rude, condescending, know it all (and NO...he may be an OB/GYN)..but he IS NOT that intelligent/or he wouldn't act like such a horribly rude unfriendly, uncaring Dr knowing people can and WILL give their review of him on a public forum. My daughter was in labor and been most of the day and previous night and was bleeding heavily. He never came to ck her himself..but rather let a smart Alec RN make all his decisions. She had dilated to a 2. And a pain level of 8-9..they were going to send her home.. Oh no u don't. Not with her bleeding that heavy. Which the RN failed to tell him...so when he comes into the room screaming at my daughter because WE told the RN that if they send her home now..if anything happened it would be on them. He starred screaming like an idiot..to which I immediately jumped in and asked him if he knew my daughter was bleeding heavily. The look of total dumbness filled his face..no..he hadn'been told that. But u DO NOT scream at a patient...if you are going to be a Dr., get your attitude in check and learn to deal with your patients in a good mannered, ethical fashion. He was also totally unconcerned that she had a previous miscarriage in the 18th week...she was obviously very worried throughout her pregnancy and he acted she was being dumb for having the concern. Even the receptionist was a rude unhappy little thing..but she suddenly disappeared from the office in the middle of daughters pregnancy. Maybe it was because she worked for such a rude, unethical, bullying dr.? Who knows...but I guarantee u one thing..if he ever sees me..my daughter or the rest of our family in public...he will turn his head.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I am quite confident I have found the right doctor! He is very kind and explains all procedures understandably. His staff are also quite efficient. For both of my appointments, I barely had to wait to be seen.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

I would NEVER recommend him to anyone! He always acted like he was in a hurry, he cancelled one of my sonograms because he didn't have time and lo and behold I went into early labor 2 days later! We had reasonable concern and he called it a "gee whiz thing"! The day I gave birth he tripped over something and kicked it, he was in a bad mood,when I was actually having my son he gave no moral support and acted like he could care less and didn't want to be there! Afterwards we were in the NICU and mclintock just walked by our room and looked at us and didn't say a word or even acknowledge us! I have a friend who went to him and he was very rough and caused alot of problems. I can't go back and change things but I can warn anyone else that is considering him as a dr, DO NOT GO TO HIM! SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE! Also, if you pronounce his name wrong he gets mad so beware:(

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

Dr. McClintock has a type A persIn his 1996 book, Type A Behavior: Its Diagnosis and Treatment, Friedman suggests that Type A behavior is expressed in three major symptoms: free-floating hostility, which can be triggered by even minor incidents; time urgency and impatience, which causes irritation and exasperation usually described as being "short-fused"; and a competitive drive, which causes stress and a achievement-driven mentality. The first of these symptoms is believed to be covert and therefore less observable, while the other two are more overtonality. I experience the worst Doctors appt I have ever had. He can only concentrate on one thing at at time. What Doctor in his right mind tells a patient suffering through menopause that she has too many issues? He said he couldn't do a pap and discuss my other issues. I would have to schedule several appts for each problem. I left there crying and it was my first visit to his office. Do not recommend him at all.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

Dr. Roy A. McClintock's Credentials

• Texas Tech University Health Science Center School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)