Ratings for Dr. Roy A. McClintock

I love Dr. M cClintock! He knows his stuff, is comforting when he has to give bad news/reassure you, and is a great birthing coach. His personality is a little dry but I'm not trying to be best friends with my OBGYN. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

I don't understand the high reviews for this doctor, he's the absolute worst OBGYN. He's rude, acts inconvenienced because YOU'RE having a baby. As someone else said, I wouldn't even want my worst enemy to have him as a doctor. He was the on call doctor the day I had my 3rd child and it was absolutely the WORST l and I still have major anxiety and deal with PTSD after my encounter with him. I have alot stronger words I wish I could use him in this review but I'll refrain. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS "DOCTOR"!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

I had the good fortune to have Dr. McClintock as my obstetrician for my first baby. He was amazing from beginning to end! Every visit he would walk me through what was going to happen for the day, why it was necessary, and always kept up with me and my emotions throughout it. Anytime my husband and I were slightly frightened or nervous at anything, from a procedure to a portion from the sonogram, Dr. McClintock could explain what was going on and a follow-up plan for us. And after every single appointment, he would help us with any questions we had – no matter how embarrassing or private. Whenever there were controversial choices to be discussed, Dr. McClintock was very straightforward with the risks and benefits as he educated us on each matter, and then he left it completely up to us to make each decision with no pushiness, guilt-inducing comments, or judgmental eyes to be found. He also had decency throughout and a great sense of humor to go along with any awkward moments. When the time came for the actual birth Dr. McClintock was, again, awesome! He came in early and talked me through the plans for the day (even though we had discussed them already 3 times over), which really helped calm my nerves. And he was a fantastic coach while I was delivering my baby! He told me when to push, when to stop, how hard to push, etc. While those may all be normal for any obstetrician, Dr. McClintock created the perfect atmosphere for me. His coaching made me feel strong and he did not allow me to succumb to moments of weakness during delivery when I normally would have felt incapable of continuing, no, McClintock kept a steady stream of advice and coaching so I could only focus on the positive. We had a healthy little boy this past year, and I can’t wait to have another baby with Dr. McClintock as my obstetrician.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

I've never seen such an amazing and competent obgyn! Yes people, he's blunt and dry, but he will save you and your child's life and help you have a healthy pregnancy. I've had multiple high risk pregnancies with him and would never consider seeing anyone else. If you want a Dr who will bring you roses, hold your hand, and kiss your feet, keep looking. If you want a Dr who will do his best to keep you and baby healthy, and explain things without beating around the bush, he's the Dr for you!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Dr. McClintock was such a shock coming from my previous Doctor. Both were mail obgyn's, so it definitely isn't a "male" issue. I found him to be extremely rough (made me bleed every time) & was very condescending and "above" everyone else. He even had the nerve to sit there and yell at me for a prescription I was taking that another doctor gave me. He yelled & yelled & demand to know the doctor. It wasn't that he cared, he just wanted to feel superior and in charge. He has major aggression and anger management issues. He then proceeded to take my blood pressure in his office meeting with me within maybe 5 minutes of yelling at me. And then wasn't happy that my BP was high. Uh yeah, you just pissed me off... of course it's high. Ugh so thankful I never looked back. I wish I could take those couple of visits of my life back.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Dr. McClintock was the on-call weekend doctor for our emergency trip to the ER for bleeding at 28 weeks. Upon learning his name and prior to his visit, I visited several online rating sites to get any info available. Admittedly, I was quite concerned after reading many poor reviews. However, after his consultation I was completely satisfied with his bedside manner, communication style, medical advice, and sincerity. He put us at ease and even offered to let us stay overnight for additional monitoring becuase of the recent loss of our daughter only a year prior to our ER visit. On this day, he was certainly a blessing for us.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

I experienced this Dr. in the labor and delivery emergency triage. Based on the stories I see here, I see I am lucky he was going off shift at the time. He was rude, short, and barked at me when I asked a simple question, as if I had refused what he was saying. Before meeting him I had asked the nurse if I could have a female staff member do my exam, and was told no. I suspected it was because of this request that he was rude and rough with me, but reading here I see this guy is just an a-hole. I wish there was a weeding out process in medical school to spare patients the physical and emotional abuse of bad doctors! Zero stars, two thumbs down, don't see this guy if you have a choice.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Dr McClintock's staff is very nice. I was thankful that Dr McClintock cared so little about "seeing" his patients that on most visits I got to see the midwife working for him. The midwife, Shane, was wonderful! As was the rest of My clintocks staff and they would be the only reason I do not gibe him a one star rating. Dr. McClintock himself has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever seen in my life. He is rude and uncaring. I had a lump in my breast and was concerned so I made an appointment with him to have it looked at. I left his office in tears. He made me feel stupid for being concerned about the lump in my breast and was very demeaning. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Well I don't even know where to start. Basically thanks to him I lost a whole six months of my life to pain and suffering. I gave birth via c section. While they were stapling me back up I probably groaned a little without curse words and I cooperated fully with him, he told me " it doesn't hurt you we are almost done with you"... ok how rude. After 6 days my c section started oozing pink fluid and I developed a fever. I called him and I came in his office he opened up the wound and sent me home with antibiotics. After two months of packing my wound it finally closed. Shortly after my c section began to severly hurt and I was very afraid as this was my first child and did not know if any of this was normal. He was unhelpful and un compassionate towards me. I hurt to sit lay down. The only way to get relief was to spend the day standing. I honestly felt that something had been left inside of me from the c section. I went to er. Multiple times and they couldn't find anything. After I went to see him he was enraged that I had gone to emergency room making him seem like an incompetent dr. He screamed at me instead of trying to figure out what was causing me so much pain. He made it seem like it was all in my head and even prescribed me medication for depression. I know I was not depressed something was trule wrong with me and here I had a dr unwilling to help me. I cried and cried aND didn't feel like I was getting anywhere with him. My gallbladder had been removed while I was packing my c section as well. It finally clicked in my head to ask the surgeon who took my gallbladder out to help me. Thanks to him I found out I had tons and tons of adhesions which were causing me pain. He removed them and I feel like a new person. Aside from a little that was left in because it was too deep and posed a risk for a hernia if cut out. As of this day I still hurt from that area and know it's not coming out unless I have a new c section. Sadly I had to find relief elsewhere because my ob did not want to help and gave me little or no hope I would be getting better. I just want others to know how he really is and maybe avoid going through a horrible experience like mine. I was literally left traumatized.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

The comments about this Dr being horribly rude and indifferent, yelling at them, saying inappropriately rude comments to them...that IS THE REAL DR ROY MCCLINTOCK. The birth of a child is supposed to be a most special, celebrated event..he ruined my daughters whole pregnancy because is a rude, condescending, know it all (and NO...he may be an OB/GYN)..but he IS NOT that intelligent/or he wouldn't act like such a horribly rude unfriendly, uncaring Dr knowing people can and WILL give their review of him on a public forum. My daughter was in labor and been most of the day and previous night and was bleeding heavily. He never came to ck her himself..but rather let a smart Alec RN make all his decisions. She had dilated to a 2. And a pain level of 8-9..they were going to send her home.. Oh no u don't. Not with her bleeding that heavy. Which the RN failed to tell him...so when he comes into the room screaming at my daughter because WE told the RN that if they send her home now..if anything happened it would be on them. He starred screaming like an idiot..to which I immediately jumped in and asked him if he knew my daughter was bleeding heavily. The look of total dumbness filled his face..no..he hadn'been told that. But u DO NOT scream at a patient...if you are going to be a Dr., get your attitude in check and learn to deal with your patients in a good mannered, ethical fashion. He was also totally unconcerned that she had a previous miscarriage in the 18th week...she was obviously very worried throughout her pregnancy and he acted she was being dumb for having the concern. Even the receptionist was a rude unhappy little thing..but she suddenly disappeared from the office in the middle of daughters pregnancy. Maybe it was because she worked for such a rude, unethical, bullying dr.? Who knows...but I guarantee u one thing..if he ever sees me..my daughter or the rest of our family in public...he will turn his head.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Dr. Roy A. McClintock's Credentials

• Texas Tech University Health Science Center School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Healthnet