Ratings for Dr. Stanley Yancovitz

I still have the letter that I wrote to Dr. Yancovitz explaining why I cried during an office visit where he told me I did not have Lyme Disease. I wrote this letter in 1999. In it, I list all of my symptoms. I still have these symptoms today... and am in the process of being treated for chronic late-stage lyme disease. I missed my 30's and half of my forties because Dr. Yancovitz was not lyme literate in 1999. He was recommended to me as a very knowledgeable infectious disease specialist. This was not my experience. True, he had a very nice demeanor while telling me I was wrong about what I knew was really going on with my body, but in my mind, he was the last in a line of six doctors I saw that year to tell me that my physical symptoms were in my head - and that is when I allowed a different doctor to give me antidepressants. I limped through my youth like a zombie because of doctors like Yancovitz. And in my case, Yancovitz was the final word. I certainly hope his knowledge of lyme disease and its coinfections has improved exponentially since he was an "expert" when I saw him in 1999. If not, beware all those who suspect they have Tick Borne Illness and want confirmation and treatment from this Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

I used to think the Dr. Yancovitz was a good doctor. And we're going back 10 years now. But recently, staff is quite inadequate and unresponsive even to the pharmacy for refills. I think the doctor doesn't have time for all of his patients. His diagnoses seem a little bit arbitrary. I do not recommend him at all.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

He has been my Doctor for over 10 years .He is the best of the best, really love this man.HAs always been there for me !!!!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

This is without a doubt the worst Dr. you will ever meet. He lies, does not return phone calls, tells people to say he is not in when he is. He almost killed my wife with his ignorance and disregard when she was in an acute medical crisis. He would have if she had not gotten help from another Dr. who gave her the appropriate IV antibiotics. In my opinion he should not even be allow to treat a canary, he'd kill it for sure. My wife suffered for 4 years of her life while trying to raise our 3 year old daughter. At times, I saw her crawl on the floor from being so weak, but she loved our child so much she kept pushing herself.Should anyone have to live like this? All because of his indifference to her condition, even though he had culture reports that were positive many times over a year. I called him everyday and he kept promising to treat her after she had a surgical culture. She did, and that was positive too. He then hid from all phone calls. A true **** I wish dead!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

This is not a Lyme literate dr. He was dismissive to my concerns and unwilling to consider medical options for my physical complaints. I left with him believing that my illness was all in my head and that I am nothing more than a complainer seeking attention. Quite frustrating. A colleague of his determined that I have Lyme Disease.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

Dr. Yancovitz is extremely intelligent, up to date, has superb clinical skills and has a really nice, caring manner. Superb.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2007

One of the most caring doctors I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2006

This wonderful, caring doctor who even reads email and responds quickly is unfortunately made to look bad by his staff who bumble referral requests, seem often to be rude or distracted and rarely answer the phone. It's a shame that a great doctor like this can't be supported by a great assistant.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2006

Dr. Stanley Yancovitz's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1967)