Ratings for Dr. Sheila S. Devanesan

Dr Devanesan has been my OB/GYN for the past 11 years with delivering both of my children, I always have liked her bed side manners and surprised to see the recent rating on her, I will sum it up to a bad day. Because of Dr Devenesan she found a lump on my thyroid which even my medical doctor never saw. I had partial of my thyroid removed and I owe it all to her for discovering it. I am always indebted to her.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. D for the past 8 or so years. I recently went to see her for my pap and was highly disappointed with her attitude. She was very rude. Dr D delivered my child 6 years ago and is usually kind and friendly, but not this last visit. I hadn't seen her in about 2 years due to the fact I work in Tampa and have only been seeing my primary care doctor. Dr D cut me off mid sentence to get a health history update when explaining my current health concerns then proceeded to snap at me about not knowing my past health history off the top of my head (dates, visits, past procedures) although I filled out a new patient kit and have a HUGE file in the office... I felt she could have checked everything before entering the exam room to say I had been sitting in there for 45 minutes! She called me a liar multiple times when answering her questions and lectured me like she was talking to one of her kids... I think Dr. D is overbooked, overly stressed and overworked. I will be looking for a new OBGYN...

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Devanesan for over 15 years and she is an awesome doctor. She is quite knowledgeable, and very thorough! I recently moved to Tampa, however I still continue to travel to St. Pete for my gyn visits because she is just that thorough, and she cares about my concerns. My experiences with Dr. Devanesan have been nothing but professional throughout the years I've been seeing her. She has great bedside manner, and has managed to catch/recognize any and every abnormality I have had. I am more than satisfied with her, she's an excellent Doctor!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Devanesan for 14 years and she is terrific! She is extremely knowledgeable and caring. Her practice is extremely nice and professional. After reading the other person's review on this site about her pushing medicine, this is absolutely false! I know this doctor very well and this is just not something that she would do! She has never done this with me and its just not her personality to do this. The other patient must have misunderstood her attempting to obtain information about what medications she was currently taking.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

1st visit ever to this physician, she asked me what kind of medicine I wanted a prescription for. She was trying to get me to take every new drug available to females (although I just came in for a basic routine Pap smear). I believe she probably gets a commission from the drug reps becuase I never seen a physician push hormones, BC pills, tests, like this one did. She was knowledgable; however, her staff wear BLUE JEANS to work and this was very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013

Dr. Sheila S. Devanesan's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Delta Dental