You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Hae-Dong Jho

Dr. Jho has performed 3 cervical procedures on me, in 1996, 1997 and 2016 and each time it turned out very well. The things I appreciate about Dr. Jho are that he doesn't require follow up visits (although he's glad to see you if there are problems), there's no useless post-op physical therapy, and the only follow up needed is a MRI which can be done locally. His "no fluff" approach makes it possible for patients like me who live far away to get care with just one trip which makes it affordable. Dr. Jho has always been pleasant in the office. His post-op hospital visit is short but if there's no problem that's good with me because I just want to rest and recover. I would highly recommend Dr. Jho.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I have been completely free of my back and leg pain since my surgery with Dr. Jho. AND MY LIMP IS GONE! At the assessment meeting he was very clear that he could help me with the minimally invasive lumbar decompression surgery he offered. He said that the particular pain I complained of would disappear. He was as good as his word and I could not be happier with my result. I would highly recommend Dr. Jho to anyone I care about and would certainly see him again myself, if needed. I found him to be certainly pleasant enough, but above all he is, in my opinion, a brilliant innovator and a gifted and compassionate surgeon who knows what he is doing and will relate to you in a direct and honest way.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Had cervical surgery by him. Doesn't give you enough meds in recovery room to recover. I was wide awake and moving in pain from neuropathy watching others sleep. My nurse said the doctor had someone code on his table once and gives the least amount of meds necessary and doesn't care about a patient's comfort. Office visit was a diatribe from him about Americans with drug abuse issues and I dIdn't take what he was talking about and dIdn't have any of those issues. I don't use this word easily but I call him the a##hole now.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

In May 2012, I had L5-S1 , for foraminotomy related to lumbar spondolithesis. Presumably this endoscopic procedure was 90% successful in his patients. What a mistake! He made my condition worse and would not return phone calls. On follow-up, he was extremely rude and blamed the poor results on me (I was exaggerating my pain). To this day, I live with significant pain. As someone below pointed out, this guy is a creep.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

After suffering with lower lumbar pain extending down my leg into my foot, chiropractic visits, multiple injections and physical therapy (made it worse) for a year, it was recommended I see Dr. Jho. Following surgery I had immediate relief, very small incision and good recovery. I would recommend Dr. Jho to anyone needing back surgery.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. Jho is the best. Hands down. I went thru shot ofter shot, physical therapy it actually made my pain worse. UPMC daid they could fuse s1 and L5 and L4 and L3. He cleaned up the disc between s1 and L5. felt better as soon as I woke up. 2 years later I feel great. No complaints. questions jeff5038@gmail.com

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

had minimally invasive cervical spine surgery by dr jho in 2001. i was supposed to have another later on. my neck was pretty screwed up, 2 levels. my first consult was at vanderbilt university neurosurgical dept. they recommended 2 surgeries. 1st anterior cervical, and then at a later date, posterior cervical. so i went to see dr jho, not wanting a big bone graft in my neck. i sent an mri up to him, he contacted me personally, (he was still at upmc, pittsburgh) told me he could help. we drove up, i had a detailed, thorough consult, and the surgery was performed the next day. i was up to the bathroom by myself that night. had a bandaid over the neck incision! no stitches. it was the best i'd felt in years. like i said though, i still need another surgery, and worry that i've waited too long.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2014

I wish I could give a higher rating.. but i can't. While Dr. Jho may be knowledgeable and groundbreaking in his procedures and has clients from around the globe, my experience has been a negative one. I saw Dr. Jho for spinal stenosis. The procedure was, at this point two months later, an abject failure. I'm in more pain now than before and less capable of walking, lifting, etc. The Dr. Jho, and most of his staff, have the personalities of a board -- stiff and unhelpful. I called almost every week to say I was still in great pain, and I had very little compassion from them, and the feeling I was bothering them. The day of my surgery, I was three hours late going in, and found out I was patient six of six that day -- they had two surgical theaters going. Truly assembly-line procedure. I'm happy I have quality insurance. I'd hate to be an Obamacare policy holder with $10,000 out-of-pocket before my insurance kicked in. Do careful research before committing to Jho. Get 2nd & 3rd opinions.

Submitted December 12, 2013

I tried shots, painkillers, and was recommended for a fusion- Saw Dr.Jho on a whim- Had a bad C 5-6. Yelped like I had tourettes- He fixed me in 1 day with no permanent hardware- I Recommended him to a friend of mine who was a surgeon whose hands were going numb- He went to Dr.Jho and raved about being pain free same day- Also said that he thought he was a genius. I was unaware of that level of skill, but believe my friend...

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

First off, the office staff is terrible. Not sure who the others worked with, my people new nothing, never sent me any hospital paperwork, didn't know where to go for my operation the day of, what entrance, floor, who to call, what time. I was scheduled very early, 6:00am, didn't go in till 4:30 in the afternoon and I had nothing to eat or drink and couldn't. Now, Dr Jho warned me my operation might not work, and it didn't. I'm in more pain now then when I went in. I was told there is nothing else to try. I paid $3000.00 up front and got waked with a $1000.00 bill 2 months later from the Anesthesiologists, Suprise, thought the payments were covered up front, was my first operation ever and I'm 47. Now I'm still in horrible pain and I'm still paying for this operation. Dr Jho's skills were awesome, it's considered Brain surgery and I was up eating the same night. I wish the whole thing never happened. But I was warned and took my chances because I am Desperate, Help IN PAIN 24 hrs a Day

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Dr. Hae-Dong Jho's Credentials

• Chonnam Univ Med Sch, Kwangju, So Korea (Grad. 1971)

Assurant
GHI
HealthPartners
Oxford
UPMC

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Jho has performed 3 cervical procedures on me, in 1996, 1997 and 2016 and each time it turned out very well. The things I appreciate about Dr. Jho are that ..."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been completely free of my back and leg pain since my surgery with Dr. Jho. AND MY LIMP IS GONE! At the assessment meeting he was very clear that he co..."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Had cervical surgery by him. Doesn't give you enough meds in recovery room to recover. I was wide awake and moving in pain from neuropathy watching others sleep..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "In May 2012, I had L5-S1 , for foraminotomy related to lumbar spondolithesis. Presumably this endoscopic procedure was 90% successful in his patients. What a ..."

November 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After suffering with lower lumbar pain extending down my leg into my foot, chiropractic visits, multiple injections and physical therapy (made it worse) for a y..."

November 18, 2014